Rtv x1140 not starting

Dms24

My x1140 2016 is not starting. Neutral safety switch has been replaced. Battery removed and checked. It just makes one loud click and nothing else. What may the problem be. Thx

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
probably the contacts in the solenoid are burned or carbon up. all you need to do is purchase the contacts and rebuild the solenoid. i used an american made kit that has much more surface area and should last longer. i will try and find a link and post it here. you need to make sure you order the correct set for your engine family.

https://fostertruck.com/collections/deutz-yanmar-kubota

Last edited:

Dms24

Your link is to fuel shut off solenoids. That can't be the problem as it will start if it turns over. Thanks

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Aurthuritis is on point with his offer of help and suggestion. While your problem may be different , the one click and nothing sounds like the solenoid. I had this happen 2x on my past RTVs and its the same symptoms. When its running and you turn the key off , you should hear a "tink" noise about 3-5 seconds afterwards. That's the solenoid releasing or going back in place. If having problems with it not releasing , get under the parked machine and move the solenoid lever manually. It will release and if that the problem and go back where it should be. Then it will start. There are a couple of threads on here about that. bordercollie
edit http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14088&highlight=stop+solenoid

Last edited:

Dms24

Scrolled right over that. Vision is not what it used to be. It appears that is what the problem is in the solenoid. Removed started/ solenoid and is being fixed now . Thank you both for your help as the dealerships are not great at knowledge in some things therefore not great at helping. They sold me a relay to wire in to the connection. Still did the same thing.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Scrolled right over that. Vision is not what it used to be. It appears that is what the problem is in the solenoid. Removed started/ solenoid and is being fixed now . Thank you both for your help as the dealerships are not great at knowledge in some things therefore not great at helping. They sold me a relay to wire in to the connection. Still did the same thing.

:clap::tiphat:

willie1960

For about a month, my 2014 rtv1140cpx has been having issues starting. When I reach under the dash and wiggle/pull/push/play with the ignition wires, it usually eventually will turn over. Otherwise it clicks just once when turning the key. Now, it's not starting at all. Not turning over. Just the one click. I tested the 4 wires to the ignition and they're conducting. I took the ignition apart, cleaned it up, put it back, still only 1 click. I even went as far as buying a new ignition switch -- same one click. I then cut the 4 wires, put connectors on them, hooked them up to ignition and still the one click. Since it would start eventually with me moving around the wires under the dash, that's why I don't think it's the starter/solenoid. Anyone have suggestions?? (OH, the bed is hydraulic lift so now I'm stuck in thinking how to raise the bed because the engine won't start...). Thanks.

willie1960

For about a month, my 2014 rtv1140cpx has been having issues starting. When I reach under the dash and wiggle/pull/push/play with the ignition wires, it usually eventually will turn over. Otherwise it clicks just once when turning the key. Now, it's not starting at all. Not turning over. Just the one click. I tested the 4 wires to the ignition and they're conducting. I took the ignition apart, cleaned it up, put it back, still only 1 click. I even went as far as buying a new ignition switch -- same one click. I then cut the 4 wires, put connectors on them, hooked them up to ignition and still the one click. Since it would start eventually with me moving around the wires under the dash, that's why I don't think it's the starter/solenoid. Anyone have suggestions?? (OH, the bed is hydraulic lift so now I'm stuck in thinking how to raise the bed because the engine won't start...). Thanks.
Well, looking there! Figured it out! Tapped the heck outta the starter and it cranked! Yay!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad you got it fixed. Sort of. When I whack on a starter or solenoid then it starts, to me that's a sign that it may be failing.

(OH, the bed is hydraulic lift so now I'm stuck in thinking how to raise the bed because the engine won't start...). Thanks.
When your engine is off and you need to raise the bed, take the bed lift arm and push it hard forward into its "float" setting. On mine, you have to jam it pretty hard. It'll be in float mode when the handle stays locked in that position. You can then raise the bed manually. Make sure you use that safety bracket that goes around the hyd cyl under the bed so it doesn't fall back down on you.