Re-purpose Box Lift Hydraulics

Mork

When I bought my 2017 X1100C it came with a Meyer plow system. The plow has its own lift hydraulics pump to lift and lower the blade but has to be manually angled. I was considering re-purposing the bed dump circuit to support an angle cylinder on the plow for the winter months. Would this be practical?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds interesting and doable. Seems better than adding additional hydraulics. Practical??? Depends on cost and amount of time it would take to accomplish. I've not noticed that anyone else has tried this but if they have I'm sure they will chime in here (I hope).

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
just install a set of quick connectors somewhere out of the way and then you can just unhook your bed and route some hose from the blade back to the quick connectors. then you can have the bed lift when the blade isn't needed. there is a company that makes a set of rear remotes for that model but i can't remember their name. UTV Hitchworks maybe???

cooper426

I looked into UTV Hitchworks and it was very expensive for what it is.

I built my own with selector valve 59.99 and some hoses made a local hydraulic shop. The entire set up was cost me less than the tax i would have paid for HW's kit.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydra...t-DC-Double-Selector-Valve-DFE080-9-12390.axd

I also added a 12 Tandem valve under drivers seat with a 3 way rocker switch for tilt on my snow plow.

I tied into hose going to power steering after dump box valve. So it goes, PUMP,Valve,(New 12V valve), power steering then back to tank.

This set up allows me to have use dump box,front plow with tilt up/down without removing any quick connects....

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I looked into UTV Hitchworks and it was very expensive for what it is.

I built my own with selector valve 59.99 and some hoses made a local hydraulic shop. The entire set up was cost me less than the tax i would have paid for HW's kit.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydra...t-DC-Double-Selector-Valve-DFE080-9-12390.axd

I also added a 12 Tandem valve under drivers seat with a 3 way rocker switch for tilt on my snow plow.

I tied into hose going to power steering after dump box valve. So it goes, PUMP,Valve,(New 12V valve), power steering then back to tank.

This set up allows me to have use dump box,front plow with tilt up/down without removing any quick connects....

will you post a few pics of your set up?

cooper426

I would, i just dont know how? PM me and i can text you pictures or i might post a Youtube video, that i have done before.

cooper426

I wanted a OEM look, so i purchased the front 7770004908 mounting plate and the front fittings from the V5232 Hydraulic valve kit, it was cheap and available separately.

I have selector valve installed above light switch in spare switch opening and for moment i taped mom-OFF-mom rocker switch onto lifting arm.

I am trying to find a arm with rocker switch on top, they are pricy and hard to find.