warn rt40 install on RTV 1100

W3IAX

I am about to instal a Warn RT40 on my RTV 1100.

Looking for ideas from those who have "been there and done that" regarding location for mounting the contactor and where best to tie into the Kubota wiring for the switched 12 volts. I have searched old posts I saw that one of the members mounted the the remote connector forward of the differential lock - I like that.

I am planning to mount the winch on a 2 " receiver mount so that it can be used front and rear. Therefore I will be running cables to the front and rear. I am open to sugestions from other's experience running the cables.

Pictures are wonderful !!

Someone mentioned that they had instructions in the Kubota winch kit, a copy of same might be great to have.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bob,

WAIT!!! You can't do that. The Warn RT40 doesn't work with the RTV. Just kidding. Nice choice.

For all the wiring stuff that comes with the winch, I mounted mine under the front hood. Mine is wireless so the higher and more direct line-of-sight the better.

For main power, I believe I went straight to the battery. It draws a lot of amps so the direct line is a good bet.

W3IAX

85 views and only 1 reply !!

If you have installed a winch on your 1100, I would appreciate a pic(s) of the contactor mounting.

Thanks,
Bob

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Do a search for winch in this forum and there are a bunch of threads on mounting winches.

Heatwave

My winch is a Ramsey "Honcho 5000." It's frame-mounted on the front of my RTV900. If I could have found a receiver-mount kit when I bought the Ramsey, I would have gone that route. Regardless of how you mount your winch, it's about as straight-forward as any project you'll ever undertake. As BCZOOM suggested, I wired my winch straight off the battery ... no exaggeration, it's a piece of cake. I can visualize how you might run wiring fore and aft for your receivers, with plug-in adapters at each end. The only other thing I can think of is to place in-line fuses in your wiring, but I'm sure you know that already. Post some pix so we can go to school on you.

W3IAX

I have been doing searches for days - lots of info regarding winch mounts, next to nothing on wiring. In the Kubota winch kit there apparently are some instructions from Kubota which would interesting to see what they recommend, but have only found reference to it.

I did find the location one member used for the remote control connector. Just below the differential lock knob - I like that. I will mount the contactor near the battery. Thinking about a seperate switch to activate contactor instead of off the "accessory" as recommended by Warn. That way I can "activate" the winch only when needed.

Will keep all posted and promise pics when finished.

Still haven't installed Peanuts stick stoppers either.

Regards,
Bob

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Be sure you tie into a source that can carry much threw it.
The winch sure pulls much juice when in operation ....

Attachments

• Squirrel Bus Stop.jpg
    Squirrel Bus Stop.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 98