Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bet you stop by the hose and wet things down next time. You will be hurting from flipping the trailer though. At least it wasn't near a building.
Next time, I'm going to let the boxes sit in the grass.

Trailer was about 25' away from the full woodshed.

Trailer is a tandem axle 4x8' Wasn't very heavy, especially with a little adrenaline running in me.

Glad things turned out okay Brian.
Great idea to have a fire extinguisher in or on the RTV. Where do you mount it?
Center of rear cage.

Attachments

• MVC-776S.JPG
    MVC-776S.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 212

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
glad that little 'extra' fireworks turned out ok in the end. bet you and your guests were surprised at how fast you could move when you spotted the smoke. i'm thinking that at next years celebration you will be inviting the local VFD. lol

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I moved quickly but no panic.

Was hoping not to have to invite the fire department. Now that I think of it, it was the wife of the Township Supervisor that asked why we're here and the nice warm fire is over there.

Took the grinder to the trailer yesterday to cut off the carriage bolts that held the bed to the frame. Ready for a new bed.

Mark.Sibole

still alive here.Just working my ass of on fire wood.Im at 16 plus log cord so far and trying to get a jump on next years wood.Ill post pics soon.Hope everyone is doing well.Could sure use some hewlp up here in michigan with firewood (hint Hint Hint)

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Went and got replacement wood for the trailer with fire damage this morning. Will re-build it after work tonight. Already have the old wood off and down to frame so it should go quick.

Got wood to replace the decking on 2 other trailers as well so time permitting, by the end of the day, I may have 3 trailers looking new.

Earlier in the week, I got a call that the logging trucks should be out this week. I'm still waiting but hoping they come today or tomorrow. Each truckload should give me well over a years worth of firewood. I never got one delivered but Muleman said it'll be somewhere between 5-7 cords. Delivered to the house will be nice. The trip to the gas line to get firewood with the RTV is about 3/4 of a mile (round trip).
I have several logs bucked back next to the gas line but they're too heavy to lift. I picked up a 2nd log splitter that I'll take back there and split these down where I can at least throw them in the RTV.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
You better hurry with the trailer Brian....or learn to strap things down in the truck a little better.:confused2:

Attachments

• Straps.jpg
    Straps.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 143

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, got 2 of the trailers are done.

The 3rd had some brush on it. Hooked it to the ATV to take over to a friends since he always needs some to get his stump burning fire going. He happened to be outside burning stumps. Ended up hanging out there and having a few beers.

Will get the 3rd trailer done tomorrow.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
true story.........In the Army, 1966, Germany, Herzo Base.......Once a month we pulled "motor pool" duty. Had to make sure that the trucks and such were ready to go in case the "Ruski's" started heading our way......
We got a "new" jeep trailer that had a lot of rust on it and guess who's squad had to paint it. The Captain advised to remove all that rust first. MUCHO MUCHO complaining and comments among ourselves. A new 2nd Lt, Groid, overheard us and took pity upon us as he was trying to "buddy" up to us........"Here, watch how I do it" he proceeded to get a 5 gallon gas can off a nearby jeep and drenched that trailer down like nothing else...........We all stood back amazed thinking that he thought the gas would soften the paint..........Next thing ya know, he pulls out his Zippo lights a cigarette and flips it into the bed of the trailer.........wHOOOOOOosh.............lolol

Biggest fire alarm since the war......Anyway, was thinkin you could've pulled the trailer over that brush fire and burned that stuff off instead of having to unload it........AHHHH leadership.....Reckon that fella lasted very long when he got his papers for VN a few months later????.............maybe he had a cousin who was elected to a high office????.......................Dennis

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Turned the turkeys and banties out in the orchard area this morning. They are just happy as can be running around and eating weeds and grass and clover. The most talking they have ever done. LOL

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So, I got my woods trailers all re-built and we're ready for wood.

Attachments

• CIMG0185.jpg
    CIMG0185.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 95
  • CIMG0184.jpg
    CIMG0184.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 95
  • CIMG0190.jpg
    CIMG0190.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 94
  • CIMG0197.jpg
    CIMG0197.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 93
  • CIMG0194.jpg
    CIMG0194.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 94

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks. Trailers at my house aren't stored indoors. I'd need a whole new building since I have 11 of them (but 2 don't really count since they're 10 & 17 cu/ft yard carts).

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Decided to change the oil in my little '94 Toyota.. ok simple enough if you have the right filter wrench.. but had already drained the oil ,so forged on.. then it started raining ... then the flies started buzzing and aggravating me... then my hands could not turn that blamed hard to reach filter with the oil sensor right below.. Finally, I found a small band wrench and snugged it up held it place with the other hand's finger ,turned it a fraction of an inch at a time and got it off.. It was pretty snug - too snug and had been on a year . I had left my ratchet turn filter wrench in Arkansas for changing my late parents' Toyota's oil.. will be sure to get it when I go back.. collie

TRIBUTE100

bordercollie,
Your oil change story reminded me about the time I was down getting my oil changed at a local gas station. While next in line I heard the guy in the pit cussing trying to get an oil filter off, finally using a screw driver driven through it to turn it. I heard him say the oil was draining real slow because of the sludge. The other man there looked at the oil filter and said it was installed at the factory. The guy who brought it in was doing a favor for his daughter's college roommate who was visiting. It turned out the Jeep Cherokee had not had an oil change for about 30,000 miles since it was new. Women drivers !

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Haha, I will never be accused of that ,Tribute. The inside of my 94's filler cap looks just like new and not a bit of build up. We went looking for a used car for our parents a few years ago and first thing I done was take a look at the filler cap inside... It was caked up with burnt motor oil /creosote looking.... bleck. I said no way and good bye to the salesman- FYI- they did get a great car a bit later..
Now ... on my then new Kioti dk45 tractor, First oil change was ok but the transmission filter... whew!! As a last resort ,I even took off the water filled super heavy rear tire to get a better grip on the filter, but it wouldn't budge.. tried my twist- a -chain invention- nope the filter started caving , Got the screwdriver and put it through, turned and it started tearing in the filter, Called the dealer even.... he said that it was sometimes a horror story on the first on factory filters because of paint !!and offered little hope .. ahhh , that got me thinking.... paint... cut the paint seal!!
... Finally I got a sharp knife blade.. slowly and carefully rocked it back and forth till I got through the seal and worked it all the way around... .. I also said a prayer to the Good Lord , tried again to twist it and off it came. .. Then I had to put that heavy tire back on and was sure glad I leaned it against the barn wall and not flat. - I am sure He helped with that too because that thing was HEAVY .collie

Last edited:

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Wishing you were my real life neighbor and friend instead of just on here......YOU are one fantastic hand.......course a lot of the strength in that hand is HIM.........God bless...Dennis

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
One method I have used for years on stubborn filters is to take a small chisel and beat along the edge of the filter in the direction it needs to turn. Had to do that on my RTV factory filters at the first change. Had to do the same to the dang button head bolt holding the rear guard also. Replaced them with hex head metric bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.