Want to rebuild hydraulic tilt cylinder on my ml 106 loader!

shano85

Would like to rebuild my leaking hydraulic cylinder on my ML 106 loader. Can anybody steer me toward a rebuild kit and also offer me basic instruction/tips for completing the task? I need to quit wasting money on hydraulic oil...:)
Appreciate the feedback...Shane, Vacaville, CA

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've repaired both curl cylinders on my 30 year old Yanmar. After the local hydraulic shop charged me $165 for the first one, I did the other one myself. Its simple.

You might need to buy the specialized wrench to get the end cap off. But if it is suitable to loosen with a pipe wrench:

* I bought the HF 36" aluminum pipe wrench, for this plus I need it for plumbing repairs. It still needed a cheater pipe over it to loosen the end cap.

* Leave the opposite end of the cylinder attached on the tractor - to resist your turning force.

* Don't drop and scratch the piston rod as you pull it out.

* Disassemble the piston head from the rod. It's simply bolted on.

* Take all the removed parts to your local hydraulic shop. They will provide the seals you need, likely under $10 ~ $15. These are nearly certain to be universal generic seals, not proprietary.

* Reassemble.

* You just saved $150.

shano85

Good idea...

Thanks California...I just called the Mahindra dealer and they want between $60 and $80 for the cylinder repair kit. I'm inclined to take your advice...get the thing apart and find a hydraulic repair place here in Vacaville, CA. They want $455 for a new one so $15 and my sweat sounds a lot better...thanks again!