Where's Doc

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I'll chime in on the vehicle issue. We have had honda cars for years, first the Preludes then Accords. All great cars and none had less than 250k mostly trouble-free miles on them before they were traded/sold for a newer model. BC, a deer hit across the hood of the 86 Accord attested to their survivability-- not so much for the deer. In pennsylvania, they say there are two kinds of drivers. those that have hit deer, and those that have yet to hit a deer. Gas mileage on all the Hondas has been over 30 mpg.

Have a 2003 F-250 4x4 extended cab (5.4 L gas) with 39K that will probably rust out before it wears out. It gets all of 20 mpg. It loves gas stations, as do most all pickup trucks. Otherwise, it has been a good hauler and tow vehicle.
Keifer,I'm the only one that hasn't gotten a deer here...Maybe because I don't drive much... Sis got broadsided by one a month ago in her brand new, week old Accord.. just a half mile as a crow flies from home...My Auntie bought an Avalon and took it back after 2 days-lost $8 grand... Dealer:2gunsfiring_v1:. She was use to her 99 Lincoln and was disappointed.. Settled for a Rav4 reluctantly..
To each his own... My truck will be 20 years old on 4/18...67,000 miles. little Toyota pick up. nothing to it but it is paid for..... collie