Dumb wheel question

I just picked up a set of Kubota 5 spoke alloy wheels which came with plastic chrome finish center caps. Does the original rubber cap (190) stay on the end of the axle and the plastic go over top?

I assumed that would be the case (to help seal the end of the axle from dirt and water) but the guy who installed the tires on my new wheels said to take off the rubber cap.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments

• Wheel cap.jpg
    Wheel cap.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 119

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
If the new cap will cover the old rubber cap. I Would leave the rubber cap on ....
More caps, more protection !!!

........ two guns

If the new cap will cover the old rubber cap. I Would leave the rubber cap on ....

........ two guns[/QUOTE

Well that is exactly what I ended up doing.

Went real slow with first wheel and no obvious catastrophe, so did the other three wheels the same. I haven't taken it for a spin yet (work got in the way of finishing installation of bed liner). I will let you know what happens when I do.

When a person doesn't know what to do, it helps to have the opinions of others, especially when they are the same as your own...something about great minds think alike and... :)

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter

........ two guns[/QUOTE

Well that is exactly what I ended up doing.

Went real slow with first wheel and no obvious catastrophe, so did the other three wheels the same. I haven't taken it for a spin yet (work got in the way of finishing installation of bed liner). I will let you know what happens when I do.

When a person doesn't know what to do, it helps to have the opinions of others, especially when they are the same as your own...something about great minds think alike and... :)

Yea, It should be ok. I did leave the rubber cap under the alloys I bought for my '05 and ran them for years like that.. Never had a problem then.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Not like it's going to go to fast and throw the wheel out of balance !!!!
Don't believe a RTV will ever go fast enough to show a tire out of balance.

IF you feel like your RTV tires are out of balance. THEY ARE NOT !!!
Get out of the tractor tracks.:wink:
The treads tracks is what you are feeling. No out of balance tires here ....

Attachments

• Tractor Tracks.jpg
    Tractor Tracks.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 93
  • FROG HA HA.gif
    FROG HA HA.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 92

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Not like it's going to go to fast and throw the wheel out of balance !!!!
Don't believe a RTV will ever go fast enough to show a tire out of balance.

IF you feel like your RTV tires are out of balance. THEY ARE NOT !!!
Get out of the tractor tracks.:wink:
The treads tracks is what you are feeling. No out of balance tires here ....

yea buddy them tractor tracks will beat you to death.