Kubota RTV 900 dead transmission

G

I was plowing my neighbors driveway the other day and noticed I was having trouble backing up. I had lost all power. I turned the engine off and restarted. Power to reverse gear was there again and I backed up, went in forward and continued down the road to my house. I lost power again and the whole set of forward and reverse gears wouldn't give any power to the wheels. I went home and looked through my factory repair manual to see if a linkage or anything else was broken. Nope...everything seemed in order. I then looked at hydraulic fluid and took the drain plug out. Then the bad news happened. There were filings all over the magnetic drain plug and the fluid was very dark.</P>

Does anyone know if my transmission on my 2005 RTV 900 is beyond repair? Any suggestions?</P>

</P>

Warren Ulmer</P>

wulmer@wyoming.com</P>

</P>

</P>

G

You need to get the machine into a dealer ASAP. How many hours are on this? When did you last change the transmission fluid? Some amount of small flakes on the filter are normal, chunks are not. Does the problem seem to be with the gearing or the actual drive, do you feel any surging when driving? It sounds to me like you probably have a problem with the range selectors, not the hydrostatic pump. </P>

</P>

G

I would sure like to know how you turned out on your tranny issue.coobie