RTV in VERY cold weather

G

I've noticed that when hopping on our RTV's that are sitting outside that they can be really sluggish until they warm up. When its really cold it seems like it won't accelerate as fast and the top speed is lower. Has anyone else noticed this? I am think that SUDT is probably really important for this reason. </P>

</P>

</P>

fordnut

Yes, the Hyd. fluid must get flowing/heated up before the RTV acts like it should. It is, in fact, a "fluid drive" machine. I live in one of the COLDEST places in the USA, Gunnison Colorado, and i should know! Ive been plowing at neg. 20 deg. with my machine last month, and untill the fluid warms up, it acts like the e-brake is on. I have to keep my RTV inside the garage when not in use, as its to brutal to leave it sit outside when not in use. I havent tried the block heater that came equipt with it yet, but if i had to keep mine outside overnight, id run a trans. heater of some kind to it as well.</P>

</P>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="MessickFarmEqu"]I've noticed that when hopping on our RTV's that are sitting outside that they can be really sluggish until they warm up. When its really cold it seems like it won't accelerate as fast and the top speed is lower. Has anyone else noticed this?[/quote]

Yep, mine is the same.
If it's less then about 10, I try to make it a point to run the block and tranny heaters for an hour or so before starting it up. It makes a huge difference.