RTV Mud Flaps

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
On another post about mud flaps, I reflected back in time when I had Yosemite Sam flaps on my little Ford Courier.(back in the 70's good old days.).. Well look what I did today. They are 11 wide so a tad narrow but still I think will work better that the oems as far as protecting the tail lights from mud buildup. I changed the oem out to the clear bottom trailer lights years ago so I could see when backing up. I like that these flaps are made in USA and are very sturdy. To make use of the long bolts in the trailer light bracket was easy. I just dug in my scrap bin and found 2 pieces of metal, marked and drilled and painted it, trimmed the flap to fit by removing the curved edge, used my Dad's punch to make nice clean holes in the rubber, and mounted them to the rear of the lights. I also used a couple of the included self tapping screws on the edge. I've been looking at these (and the plain ones) on Amazon a looong time and now I've done it! Done.. Done ! and I feel a tad younger today. :)
On the Amazon review about these , it said something on one review, like they were redneck... but I am one anyways so.. yee haa ...and "back off" to whoever said that. :) bordercollie ( yee haa) ;)

Attachments

• 0828131846.jpg
    0828131846.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 223
  • 0828131505a.jpg
    0828131505a.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 0828131510a.jpg
    0828131510a.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 0828131519.jpg
    0828131519.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 214
  • 0827131719.jpg
    0827131719.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 0828131530.jpg
    0828131530.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks!! :tiphat: I feel 17 again with them on the RTV ... well... wishful thinking . ;) .. I think the clear bottoms on the tail lights will stay cleaner now. They sure throw a good light .. such like for shutting gates etc behind the RTV or backing up, without switching on the rear work light ... bordercollie

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sure does bring back memories BC ...and they do look good. Great work!!!!! :thumb:

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
thanks for the info and especially for taking the effort and time for posting the photos.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Keifer. If this gzone phone ever dies , I am going to get one with a good camera. ;) . It is drop?waterproof at least.
The mud flaps are doing really good. Even though it is dry, the manure is still there. I sure like being able to see the ground from those clear tail light lenses. Before, they were covered up right after cleaning. :). bordercollie