Let the mods begin!

I finally got my X1100 in!
I plan to add a few things starting with LED lighting for entrance as well as a few additional interior lights.
I drove it about 4 miles last night and everything seems to be great. I did notice though, a couple oz's of coolant drip from the mid ship area? The second time I drove it and parked, no visible signs of coolant.
I will be keeping a close eye on that today.

Have a great day guys!
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_5318.jpg
    IMG_5318.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 417

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm a newbie here, so please bare with me...lol
Yea, you probably should avoid such steep inclines. :whistling:

At the top of the RTV forum is a sticky thread with links to lots of reference materials.
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15485

Included in that post is a link to a thread about modifications. Here it is.
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2391

You should find lights and other things in that thread. We're really good at spending other peoples money so if there's something you're pondering adding to the RTV, give a shout out and we'll point you to what has (or has not) worked well for us.

TRIBUTE100

Looks Great ! You can break in that new machine by chasing down some of those Bigfoot roaming around East Texas.

Mark.Sibole

First off the main thing i see thats wrong with it is its to damn clean.Go get inm the mud with it and dirty it up a bit.I almost got blinded by its shineyness lol.

BaiJiu

Years ago I had a friend who was a fanatic about cleaning his vehicles, it started rubbing off on me for a bit, until worrying about having a clean machine took all the fun out of using it, now in my later years I buy things for a purpose and that is what they get used for. It's a lot more fun that way.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

I'm needing to drop the headliner to mount my lights & switches but with the radio & dome light there I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks in advance for any advice ya'll may have!

Gary

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I like it !!!

Have your ever seen a RTV smile ? We have !!!

Bring it over here to Louisiana.

Great Machine. Be sure to run some Stanadyne, or some quality additive to your diesel. The diesel we have now needs lubricity. Big plus for the life of your
diesel engine. Small price to pay for your new toy.

Proud for you and glad you are here !!!!
Let us know how we can help .... that is what this forum is about.

....... two guns

Attachments

• popcorncat.gif
    popcorncat.gif
    16.8 KB · Views: 369
I like it !!!

Have your ever seen a RTV smile ? We have !!!

Bring it over here to Louisiana.

Great Machine. Be sure to run some Stanadyne, or some quality additive to your diesel. The diesel we have now needs lubricity. Big plus for the life of your
diesel engine. Small price to pay for your new toy.

Proud for you and glad you are here !!!!
Let us know how we can help .... that is what this forum is about.

....... two guns

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!

King

Dropping the headliner is no big deal just mark the wires that go to the switches so you will know how to hook them back up. Enjoy you new machine . Thanks Tim

pop58

My X1120D dripped coolant in the same place. Took the skid plate off and the two coolant lines that are clamped to metal tubes were leaking. Just about right under your feet.
One of the clamps was so tight it cut the hose. The coolant wouldn't leak until about 1/2 hour after shutting it off. So it might not leak while driving it.
Took it in and they replaced the hose and clamp. Just got it back yesterday. So far so good.
They also did a coolant system pressure check and found two more leaks and fixed them.
When I was there the owner told me the 1100 he bought for his father in-law was also leaking coolant. I ask him to let me know what he finds.
I don't believe this to be a major issue but it could be a problem it not fixed.

My X1120D dripped coolant in the same place. Took the skid plate off and the two coolant lines that are clamped to metal tubes were leaking. Just about right under your feet.
One of the clamps was so tight it cut the hose. The coolant wouldn't leak until about 1/2 hour after shutting it off. So it might not leak while driving it.
Took it in and they replaced the hose and clamp. Just got it back yesterday. So far so good.
They also did a coolant system pressure check and found two more leaks and fixed them.
When I was there the owner told me the 1100 he bought for his father in-law was also leaking coolant. I ask him to let me know what he finds.
I don't believe this to be a major issue but it could be a problem it not fixed.

Pop, mine leaked that one time and nothing since? I know it didn't fix it's its self. It either has a leak or it doesn't.....lol
It sounds like your leak is taken care of, pressure testing eliminates all of the guess work!

pop58

Mine leaked one day then not for two days. Then only a little another day. The over flow was over filled to.
Took it in because just got it and its under warranty. That way any issues are on record.
Looking forward to seeing your mods.