TLK / CV BOOT

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
There is got to be a boot on the market out there that will fit the RTV machines.

If one could get the measurements of the shaft and the bell end. And have the correct length. Why could not it work....

..... tlk, Please don't throw away your old boot / boots. We might can use it for a guide to go by.....

I will start doing some research on this !!!

......... thanks,
jamie ( two guns )

Mark.Sibole

as close as i can remember with the boots when i replaced mine they were very close in size.Im wondering if the inboard boot can be used as an outboard boot.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
as close as i can remember with the boots when i replaced mine they were very close in size.Im wondering if the inboard boot can be used as an outboard boot.

As long as the diameter of the boots ends are correct. And can be a fraction smaller. They do stretch, and no more difference that is there. It would not hurt nothing.

And always buy the longer boot. They will flex inward all you need ...

........ two guns

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I agree Two Guns and Mark. I think it is a name similar to "norpro" that has a universal type. .. I have a micrometer- an el cheapo one though-I would think we could measure and see..whats around that might fit.. I will try to take my RTV measurements there by the boot and maybe others can ..Then we can compare what we come up with as to accuracy. ....collie

tlk

I regret that I did not get the old boot from the dealer - dealer told me that they had this same issue once before and they complained to Kubota with no luck - if there is an off brand that works that would be great - not so sure the other boots can be made to fit though

King

They have universal boots that start pretty big on the one end and really small on the other and you just cut back to the size you need after you measure.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
They have universal boots that start pretty big on the one end and really small on the other and you just cut back to the size you need after you measure.

Heck,
Why would that not work. They have clamp bands, they are flexable. And as long as they hold the grease in the well.

I just seen the other day where they had a wrap around style boot. That when installed, snaps together and is glued with a permanent adhesive. They tested it on video, looks tuff !!

.......... two guns

Hippo Red in made in Italy. But there has got to be a rep here in the U.S. somewhere that can lead us in the right direction.
http://www.hippored.com/?product=easy-boot-singol-80mm&lang=en

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLrGNU_t83Y[/ame]

Last edited:

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
WOW.............GREAT STUFF.......not just for the RTV........THANKS......God bless......Dennis

cov62431

Most cv boots have a part number on the "bell" end of them (it will be under the clamp). The ones on the older 900 rtv's did for sure. I'm not 100% on the new 1100's. I highly doubt that kubota is making their own boots, so I would look for it (part #) on there. I try to use empi cv boots when I change them on my 4-wheelers. Do a google search with one of those part #'s it should come up.

BaiJiu

I really like the idea of installing CV boots by just slipping them over the shaft and gluing them together. Been working fine on inner tubes for years

tlk

Most cv boots have a part number on the "bell" end of them (it will be under the clamp). The ones on the older 900 rtv's did for sure. I'm not 100% on the new 1100's. I highly doubt that kubota is making their own boots, so I would look for it (part #) on there. I try to use empi cv boots when I change them on my 4-wheelers. Do a google search with one of those part #'s it should come up.

Kubota does not make there own boots - that is the issue I had - they said "their supplier only sold that particular boot with the axle"

tlk

Heck,
Why would that not work. They have clamp bands, they are flexable. And as long as they hold the grease in the well.

I just seen the other day where they had a wrap around style boot. That when installed, snaps together and is glued with a permanent adhesive. They tested it on video, looks tuff !!

.......... two guns

Hippo Red in made in Italy. But there has got to be a rep here in the U.S. somewhere that can lead us in the right direction.
http://www.hippored.com/?product=easy-boot-singol-80mm&lang=en

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLrGNU_t83Y

Two Guns - just saw this - this is the ticket I think

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Try takin the boot to autozone there are so many small cars out there that they should find a match.if not try john deere they sell just the boots for the gators.to get them to last longer soak them down real good with armorall after you wash the rtv down.if you ride in deep mud wash it out amediatly after riding.if for some reason you cant wash it then before you ride it break all the mud away an clean around boots real good.I do this on my rhino an did it on my gator.that mud will destroy a boot in seconds an if left with dry mud or dust it will dry out the boots an they will crack.another thing that works good is that cheap supertec spray lub at walmart its a thick oil in a eresol can an it keeps rubber soft.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Anyone pm me and get no reply its because I use my phone because of work locations an for some reason I cant post or reply to pm messages.