RTV Hard Cab

Orchard Tracker

Looking to install a hard cab on my RTV 900. Was looking at cabs made by Essex. Cheaper than a Curtis with more standard options and weights about half as much so there is no need to beef up the front suspension. Anyone have any experience with Essex cabs? 22 below zero in March with no cab or windshield is getting to be a tad much.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

I just have a windshield and a top on my 900.

Someone familar with the Essex and Curtis should come by soon.

Jim

BaiJiu

Welcome OT. Like Jim, I just have the windshield and top on mine. I use mine a lot at temperatures down to -22 C as well. I never get cold working near home where I'm on and off the RTV a lot so I am moving around not sitting still, but a couple of weeks ago I had to go into some of the wood lots and was travelling for total of 5 hours there and back and it was -21 with a bit of wind, not sure what the WC was but I thought my fingers and toes were going to fall off by the time I got back. I should have used better boots and gloves. The rest of my body was fine. I couldn't imagine an RTV without the windshield.

Kanook

Got the Curtis on mine. The doors are easily removed once the warm weather returns. Not familiar with the Essex but the Curtis has the Glass flip out Kubota windshield and as long as you plug the under hood area up well to keep out the cold air the heater will warm up the cab sufficiently that you can can keep it from freezing but never as warm as those new RTV1100 factory cabs.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum Orchard Tracker ....

I have only a windshield. BUT, that along will knock off many degrees of butt biting cold.

Curtis is the manufactor who makes the OEM Kubota Glass Windshields & Frame.

Curtis is a company with a big backbone. I've seen many products put out by them, NOT saying others are bad. But would be worth going ahead and getting XX Duty Shocks with or without the heavier Curtis Cab. For just the windshield alone. That part by itself is heavy, counting the frame and all. I have the steel top and the windshield, works wonders for knocking out the cold.
Also have a sliding back glass on our RTV 900.... ( keeps cold off the neck area)

What ever you choose, it will be a big plus on knocking out that cold weather.
Have a nice day and feel free to join in on any discussion !!!!

............ two guns

Attachments

• airboat-045.jpg
    airboat-045.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 96

Orchard Tracker

There is very little info on the web concerning Essex cabs or any of there accessories for UTVs. The cab kit is around 600 cheaper than the Curtis, but the Curtis has a track record. If no one on a dedicated Kubota forum owns a Essex cab that might be an indicator. The Curtis looks like it belongs on a 900 RTV. Sounds like I'm answering my own questions.