Tire size on new X series RTVs

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Matt, the tires on my machine are journey p350 6 ply. As I said 27x12x12 on back and 27x10x12 on the front. The wheels are 12x8. Bought both wheels and tires through orangeaftermarket.com. I have overloaded the machine weight wise ,been through deep nasty mud, up and down mountain sides, and driven on paved roads with no issues at all. Could not tell any difference in speed or gearing between these and the stock atv tires and wheels that came on my machine. I have had them on there a year now and can not tell that they have worn any. Hope this helps you and good luck with your purchase.
MaxIMG_0123.jpgorangeaftermarket.com

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Matt , here is a side view of those wheels and tires. I have had the machine in some really rough places and never had them to scrub or any clearance issues.[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 127

Matt

I have 14" rims with 27" tires on mine with no issue at all! looks sharp too!!:dancing:

Thanks flex, do you have any pics to share. I like some (M12 Diesel) rims but they only come in 14" so didn't think it was a option without a lift.

Matt

fishinbill85

I put my surefoots on ITP delta steel rims... that way I have two sets of tires so I don't murder the yard. I like having backups.

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Personally for what little you gain in height it dost help.I stick with the original size tires.You go bigger you loose low end but gain a little on top end.Other than that personally I dont think its worth the hassle.

I agree Mark, going wider was my solution and did so on all four with the same width, proved to be great in snow, hard packed that is, at staying on top of it.

Put the rims from a BF tractor, rears, with MudLites. Tires rubbed the front springs and had to grind off the front mud guard mounts.

Great full look though. Every modifications has it's issues, just how much are you willing to pay and put up with. ha ha ha

Attachments

• IMG_1578.jpg
    IMG_1578.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 66

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Ive GOT to have a set of those 27's on my 1100c .. weight rating.. hm A little nudge in the right direction please.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Larger tires have disadvantages as well... They reduce braking efficiency and increase rolling effects, and reduce the amount of hill-side angle capability as well as pulling-power.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Another option is to split the difference between the factory 25" tires and 27". We took the advice of some folks on this forum and installed 26" Blackwater Evolutions. Absolutely no regrets and I didn't notice any noticeable negative effects. I may dial my shocks a little stiffer to reduce body roll but we had that before switching tires. Hope this helps.