New tool to maintain the RTV

Art454

ART454....What brand name do you have.. I have a "BackYardBuddy" built in Cleveland. My BYB also has the features you have. Had it about 10 years or more and no problems at all..Mind it only travels up/down about a dozen time a year and once the Mustang is parked on it in November it stays up until april. Great for converting a 2 car garage into a 3 car. I've used it to dowork on the RTV and it has been handy for oil changes and was the cats meow when I had to replace a drive shaft u-joint on the pickup.

Going to BackYardBuddy web site mine looks more like yours. The power unit plate is welded to the bottom floor plate and everything else looks pretty much the same. I'll call them and see if they have parts for mine if needed.

Thanks for the help there.

Kanook

I know.....it's a Ford sitting on the lift but those are Kubota caps sitting on the trunk lid.. This is the larger of the units BYB sold at that time. I didn't need the lift capacity, it was the rise height I needed to get my pickup under it with the 'stang up in the air. They claim you can roll it around with the casters in place and a car on it but my floor is slightly sloped towards the garage door and I,m reluctant to have to report is missing and last spotted rolling toward the American border with a Mustang along for the ride.

(the caster wheels can be seen on the top shelf at the back of the garage)

Attachments

• pump.JPG
    pump.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 115
  • pump1.JPG
    pump1.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 114

Art454

Mine you can roll it with car on it.....but you need a 2 by 4.. 8 foot long just to move it cause the wheels swivel and get stuck to easy. Moves good without anything on it though.
Have not moved mine in like 8 years now.

cpsseals

Just finished the garage. It's now nice enough for the shiny new lift. Last step was the tile work behind the stove. All set for winter now. Eager to see what type of temperature fluctuations I see. Right now it stays within a couple degrees inside when there is a 20 degree variation outside in a 24 hour period. 2X6 walls and double insulation in the ceiling.
Did some work on my son-in-law's 2012 Chevy Sierra 1'2 ton 4 door and it fit just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_1632.jpg
    IMG_1632.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1661.jpg
    IMG_1661.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1642.jpg
    IMG_1642.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 54

Kanook

CPSSEALS....Yup! ..Cars with no tops and Kubotas with cabs.

Attachments

• 900 and 3000.jpg
    900 and 3000.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 50