New tool to maintain the RTV

cpsseals

Been a while since I've posted here, a very dry spring has made for a busy wild land fire season. We've finally gotten some rain and things have slowed to a maintainable pace so I've given myself a fathers day present. It's an Advantage lift rated at 9000 lb. Made in the good old USA. What you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 346

cpsseals

And the bike fits too! This was probably the hardest vehicle to change oil on while on the ground.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 335

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Bought mine about 4 years back. The only problem I found was I should have bought it 20 yrs ago. Mine's an 8000# XL. Taller and longer than standard.

Glad you got yours, Bob

P1010635-002_zps56c1b0e3.jpg

cpsseals

Was thinking of the XL but measument confirmed that I can fit our short box extra cab duramax GMC 3/4 ton on this one so I saved myself a few $ and a few square feet of garage floor. For the price they are a great addition to a garage.

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Sure looks like a nice unit. Would be a great addition to any shop. It would be nice not to have to crawl up under things to work on them. :a1:

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
So very nice.... Proud for you to be able to save your back while maintaining your bike........... God bless........Dennis

Art454

I have had one of these for about 12 years now....no problem so far......only thing if the pump dies whatever you have up there is stuck till you get a new pump......lol

cpsseals

Good point Art454! I'll probably source out a replacement pump in a few years just to be on the safe side. With a 5 year warranty I think I'll be good till 2020, well maybe not me, but the pump should last till then.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very nice. I want one too but I should have made the roof in my pole barn or garage higher. To late now. Now I'm going to have to build a new double stall garage and make the ceiling ....14' ..would that be high enough for a truck to fit on the rack and another vehicle under it?

cpsseals

Mine is just under 12 feet high. Is perfect for the model lift I bought. You'd need the XL lift and 14 to 15 feet would be perfect. There are calculators on the site at advantage lifts.us

Art454

Good point Art454! I'll probably source out a replacement pump in a few years just to be on the safe side. With a 5 year warranty I think I'll be good till 2020, well maybe not me, but the pump should last till then.

Maybe mine is 15 to 17 years now....the time goes so fast.
Mine has wheels you can put on it and move it around if you like and I bought the 2 steel slide things so you can jack anything up on the lift with a bottle jack.
Also have the steel oil shields so when you have something under lift with something on it it will not drip on whatever is under it.

Now the bad news.....the company I bought it from went outa business because they could not afford to by USA steel anymore. I new the owner as I referred 5 sales to him. I have talked to other that sale about the same product today and they said they could get me the pump no problems. The steel cable I would have to measure and they would see what would match up.
I have not bought a pump yet as mine still sounds good and I don't use it as much as I use to. I have the 110 volt pump. It is a little slower than the 220 pump but since I could move mine outside which I did for a few jobs the 110 volt pump was a better deal for me.
The difference in lift time was not that important to me as I was not gona be heavy user and wanted the portable part of the lift was more important to me.

I know they say made in USA....but really were do they get there steel today is anybody's guess. Even though the one I bought said it was USA steel....do I really know that's why they went outa business?
Am sure mine is only rated at 6,000 pounds but that's all I needed.
They also sent me a seal kit for the lift cylinder kit and some extra little goodies for sending them 5 customers. They were really a good company to bad they went outa business. When you called them you always could talk to the boss. You don't get this kind of service very much today.

Art454

Forgot to mention....when not in use I un plug it so the nothing gets damaged as in a storm or such. I think that's very important so not to get the motor damaged and something stuck on the lift.

Kanook

ART454....What brand name do you have.. I have a "BackYardBuddy" built in Cleveland. My BYB also has the features you have. Had it about 10 years or more and no problems at all..Mind it only travels up/down about a dozen time a year and once the Mustang is parked on it in November it stays up until april. Great for converting a 2 car garage into a 3 car. I've used it to dowork on the RTV and it has been handy for oil changes and was the cats meow when I had to replace a drive shaft u-joint on the pickup.

Art454

I got the info out......It was called AUTOLIFTERS OF AMERICA model M6 made in Wichita, KS. I called the old ph# and its called Target Lift International.....Hey I may still be able to get parts for it. They are closed right now.....gona try tomorrow see what parts are still available. Bought it in 1999. I paid 3428 back then......lol
I looked at there site and now I see a piece of junk for 2,000. Does not even look like the lift they had back then. They have some better models though.