Trouble in the Frozen North

Dougster

Old Member
I think so, but she is pretty smart. Lets just say there was no frying pan toss last night. :wave:
Sounds like you pulled it off... and if she knows that the TANK is down for repairs that probably even bought you some extra points!!! :thumb:

What's the weather forecast for the next couple of days? Any prospects for a warm-up? Jay says that snow is headed at me for Friday night and early Saturday. If that same snow is also headed your way, you better have the TANK running again by then!!!

Dougster :starbucks:

Sounds like you pulled it off... and if she knows that the TANK is down for repairs that probably even bought you some extra points!!! :thumb:

What's the weather forecast for the next couple of days? Any prospects for a warm-up? Jay says that snow is headed at me for Friday night and early Saturday. If that same snow is also headed your way, you better have the TANK running again by then!!!

Yea snow Friday into Sat for us too. I have Friday off, and I have to drag the wifes trailer over to a show she is doing this weekend. I have to come to work Sat morning but I should be able to work on the TANK Sat afternoon. :rolleyes:

Dougster

Old Member
Yea snow Friday into Sat for us too. I have Friday off, and I have to drag the wifes trailer over to a show she is doing this weekend. I have to come to work Sat morning but I should be able to work on the TANK Sat afternoon. :rolleyes:
Yikes!!! :eek: So you won't know anything more on the TANK before Saturday afternoon??? That's 3-1/2 days and one snowstorm away!!! :eek:

You people that work for a living sure need your patience!!! :rolleyes: Heck, you could have a brand new upgraded tractor delivered by then! My offer still stands... so let me know if I should haul the trailer up there today! I'll be happy to take that buggy old 4530 off your hands and leave you with a nice down payment toward your new 7520 or 8560!!! :yum: :yum: :yum:

N

Nicahawk

Well I went out and braved the elements. I pulled both fuel filters. Nothing gelled up here. Put two new filters in and filled the fuel bowls 1/2 with 911 and 1/2 with diesel fuel.

Here's a question for Galen. While I had the filters off I opened the fuel valve at the tank just to make sure I had fuel flow. How fast should fuel be comming down into the Primary. What I saw seemed a little slow for the size of the fuel line, but it does go thru a banjo fitting.

Here comes the RANT. No engineer or designer should be able to design any piece of equipment unless they have worked on it. Let's just say changing fuel filters on a 4530 with a loader requires at least one more hand than you have. As far as accessing banjo bolts to get the air out of the system, you need to be a contortionist.

Ok RANT over. Got the new filters in, lines purged, still can't get it runing. I'm thinking fuel cut off selnoid. Galen got a picture of it. I'm guessing but I think I know wher it is, also how would you go about checking one of these?

Tired, smelly(that's what the wife says, I kinda like the smell), and gonna be late for dinner. So it is off to the showers for me. Any ideas would be appreciated.

California not ignoring ya. No gelling here, and I do not have a compression release that I know of.

Ed:starbucks:
Ed, I've had diesel gel at +10F. Long story. :eek: I can't add much other to say I hope it's the fuel, and not water, head gasket, strainer, or some other more serious problem. Good luck.

Ed, I've had diesel gel at +10F. Long story. :eek: I can't add much other to say I hope it's the fuel, and not water, head gasket, strainer, or some other more serious problem. Good luck.

The one thing that is keeping my spirits up is the fact that the machine is still under warranty. So if in fact is does turn out to be something other than a fuel issue I should be covered. :rolleyes:

Ed

Dougster

Old Member
The one thing that is keeping my spirits up is the fact that the machine is still under warranty. So if in fact is does turn out to be something other than a fuel issue I should be covered. :rolleyes:

Ed
Edster - If you can't even look at it for 3-1/2 more days... and then it will be the weekend with dealer parts & service unavailable... shouldn't you be on the phone to your dealer today and maybe having him come out and take a look at the TANK before the coming storm??? :confused: Am I missing something here??? :confused:

Edster - If you can't even look at it for 3-1/2 more days... and then it will be the weekend with dealer parts & service unavailable... shouldn't you be on the phone to your dealer today and maybe having him come out and take a look at the TANK before the coming storm??? :confused: Am I missing something here??? :confused:

Yea what you are missing is the cost to get the dealer out here. $1.50 a mile for 42 miles = $63.00x2=$126.00 + $70.00 an hour. So I'm looking at $196.00 just for him to step foot on the property. Not even sure if I get charged an hourly rate while the guy is driving, that will add another $140.00. So before I give them a call to come out I want to be real sure I can't fix it or it is a Mahindra issue not an Edster issue.

Dougster

Old Member
Yea what you are missing is the cost to get the dealer out here. $1.50 a mile for 42 miles = $63.00x2=$126.00 + $70.00 an hour. So I'm looking at $196.00 just for him to step foot on the property. Not even sure if I get charged an hourly rate while the guy is driving, that will add another $140.00. So before I give them a call to come out I want to be real sure I can't fix it or it is a Mahindra issue not an Edster issue.
Well, if that is how it works with a dealer call for a non-starting tractor still under warranty, I do see your point. :eek: I assume you do have a "Plan B" for the coming storm and apparently don't need the TANK before the weekend or maybe next week. Guess I'd still be calling the dealer and ascertaining price and availability on any parts you might need for the various simpler diagnoses... :rolleyes:

Well, if that is how it works with a dealer call for a non-starting tractor still under warranty, I do see your point. :eek: I assume you do have a "Plan B" for the coming storm and apparently don't need the TANK before the weekend or maybe next week. Guess I'd still be calling the dealer and ascertaining price and availability on any parts you might need for the various simpler diagnoses... :rolleyes:

PLAN B: Snowblower.

Yea the major problem with Mahindra warranty work is that transport to and from the dealer is not at Mahindra's cost neither would the cost difference of work done at your place vs their shop. My dealer carrys a good supply of parts so I don't think that will be an issue. Plus I know where he lives so a Sunday parts pick up might not be out of the question.

Dougster

Old Member
PLAN B: Snowblower. Yea the major problem with Mahindra warranty work is that transport to and from the dealer is not at Mahindra's cost neither would the cost difference of work done at your place vs their shop. My dealer carrys a good supply of parts so I don't think that will be an issue. Plus I know where he lives so a Sunday parts pick up might not be out of the question.
Hmmmmm. :rolleyes: Seems you are smarter than I gave you credit for! :tiphat: :yum: :hide:

Bindian

No not yet. Didn't get home till almost 5:30 last night. I also remembered at the last minute that is was my wifes birthday. Had to be a good husband and make sure that she knows that I love her more than my tractor. :eek:

Ed
Ed,
Ya know, you could have talked her into helping you work on the tractor.:yum::yum::yum: then:shitHitsFan:
hugs, Brandi

Ed,
Ya know, you could have talked her into helping you work on the tractor.:yum::yum::yum: then:shitHitsFan:
hugs, Brandi

Ya know Brandi that's a good idea. You do have to realize though that not all women are as mechanically inclined as you are. That said if she did help it would be appreciated but it would probably end in divorce court. Now if was my daughter offering the help that would be a different story. I was all set to send her to a technical college if she wanted to go. Heck she can weld better than I can.

Dougster

Old Member
Ed, Ya know, you could have talked her into helping you work on the tractor.:yum::yum::yum: then:shitHitsFan:
hugs, Brandi
See??? See??? This is why we ALL should be married to a Brandi!!! :thumb: Brandi would not only have had that tractor running before Ed even got home from work... but she never would have allowed it to happen in the first place!!! :respect: :respect: :respect:

Bindian

Ya know Brandi that's a good idea. You do have to realize though that not all women are as mechanically inclined as you are. That said if she did help it would be appreciated but it would probably end in divorce court. Now if was my daughter offering the help that would be a different story. I was all set to send her to a technical college if she wanted to go. Heck she can weld better than I can.
Ed,
I understand that. My son is a reader and my daughter is a "why" person. She will come out and talk and ask all kinds of "why" questions.:cool: This is her email reply upon seeing my laters barn "progress" photo........ Hot damn! That looks good! Woowoo!:wink:
hugs, Brandi

Bindian

The key is knowing when to duck... so that the vase hits the wall instead of my head! :wink:

Dougster,:starbucks:
So that is what? One, two vases a week. Different rooms, different walls, or all in the same room?
That is an interesting way to get her to chase you.:letitsnow:
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster,:starbucks:
So that is what? One, two vases a week. Different rooms, different walls, or all in the same room?
That is an interesting way to get her to chase you.:letitsnow:
hugs, Brandi
Well, what can I say??? :confused: My bill for new vases is outta sight. :eek: Spackle and wall paint too. :( This is the kind of trouble you cause! :yum: And I dare say that I am not the only one with this problem! :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: All over Tractorland, men are reading your posts, reading your blog... then turning to their wives and/or GF's and uttering that famous line: "Now why can't YOU be more like Brandi"!?! :respect: