mahindra 7010 cab tractor

webby587

i have a new 7010 mahindra my problem is the tractor will not warm up to operating temp in cold weather. thermostat is ok. been in contact with dealer and the factory but no help. does anyone else have this problem or maybe a fix for this.

i have a new 7010 mahindra my problem is the tractor will not warm up to operating temp in cold weather. thermostat is ok. been in contact with dealer and the factory but no help. does anyone else have this problem or maybe a fix for this.

And how did you test the thermostat?
What were its opening and closing temps?
Are you experiencing a lack of power?
Or is this just the gauge is not reaching a particular point on its dial?

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to NTT webby. I can't answer your specific question, but he a Mahindra owner or two around here. Maybe they can help.

N

Nicahawk

Welcome webby....good luck with your tractor. Plenty of help around here.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum Webby!

One of the Mahindra folks should come by soon.

My Kubota L3400 seems to run a little cold by the gauge. Do you have any other sign that there is a problem? I do run a block heater in the winter.

Jim

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to NTT Webby. Sorry to hear of the problem. How cold is it when you have the problem. Like Jim said a block heater could sure help out. Why do you think it's not up to temp, strictly by the gauge or any other indication of it being cold?

Does the gauge work in warm weather. If not check the connection from the wiring harness to the temp sensor. Mine was not connected when I go my tractor. If that is not the case and it seems to warm up fine during spring and summer I would guess that the gauge might be defective.

Bindian

Webby587,:wave:
WELCOME to NTT!
I am not sure what will cure your problem, but I know a guy over in Kentucky that has one and he may know. I will email him and tell him to check this thread. Have you removed the thermostat and put it in a pan of water on the stove and turned the heat on and off each time the thermostat cycles open or close for a number of times? If you went that far, sometimes it pays to just try a new thermostat.
I would suspect a bad temp bulb (sending unit) or loose wire at that end before a bad guage. In my 6520 4WD wiring diagram (you should have one in your 7110 operator's manual in the back) I have a 15 amp fuse in that circuit, along with a high temp light (idiot light) and a high temp indicator and also a fault light along with a warning horn and of course, a guage. I would imagine your 7110 would at least have the fuse in the circuit. That would be the first thing to check and the easiest.
Like Ed mentioned...........was it working in warm weather?
hugs, Brandi

jwcinpk

Not sure what could be the problem. I've talked to Bill via email about his symptoms and I'm at a loss myself. Something must be blocking the heater core. From what I'm gathering he has no heat. Tractor itself is getting up to 160 (as checked by mahindra service rep)after an hour or so, but only 75 after 15 minutes. Could be a bad thermostat and that's probably where I'd start. He's also experiencing a white powdery substance coming from the vents when the blower is on. Mahindra's service reps for the area and the dealer have been to check out the tractor, but it's still not fixed. They were at his place on 4/18, but haven't let him know anything since.
He bought this tractor new in Nov 06. It's still well within it's warranty period. He has contacted Mahindra many times, but still has the problems. I wish I was closer so I could put my hands on the tractor. Maybe someone here has some answers. :sorry:

GLAWALL

Webbie,
Have you figured out your problem? If you haven't, let me know and I will go over some basic diagnosis with you. Also as far as the white powder goes, pull out your cab air filter, and use compressed air to blow through the vents and push what ever it is back out of the cab air intake. Let me know where things stand on this.

webby587

hi: DOC ,jwcinpk ,GLAWALL: (mahindra 7010 cab tractor no heat in winter)I have read all of your answers and questions. the engine does not reach operating temp. in winter with the temp. at 30 degrees or colder. i have used a lazer heat gun to check the engine temp. the tractor has a block heater in it. on one winter day the temp. was 0 degrees out. i had the tractor pluged in for about 3 hrs. i checked the temp. at the block heater with the lazer gun it was 65 degrees. then i started the tractor and upluged the block heater,let the tractor run for 30 min. at 1000 rpm. then i used the tractor to plow snow for two hrs. then i got out and checked the engine temp. with lazer gun it was at 70 degrees at the block i checked the temp. at the radiator it was 20 degrees. i let the tractor idle for a few minute and the block temp. droped to 40 degrees. in clod weather it does not reach operating temp. in the summer it warms up and the gage work but in the winter the gage will not move. we put the thermostat in a pan of water and warm it up it opens at 160 degrees.

I think your thermostat is opening too soon...JD larger diesels have a 180 degree F thermostat that starts to open around 180...(177-184)...but is NOT fully open until 202 degrees F

If yours is fully open at 160 degrees F...your engine will not warm up...

What numbers do the Mahindra manual call for?

webby587

hi: they tested the thermostat at the dealer where i bought the tractor,, in the pan of water. thats what they told me. when the field rep. was at my house they took the stat out to look at it. then put it back in. then he ran the tractor and done his test. the out door temp was in the mid 60 degrees that day. when he left he said there was a problem, and he would kept in touch with me. i e-mailed him 30 days after he was here to see what he found out. he returned an e-mail saying they were still looking into the problem. i waited 60 days and sent another e-mail to him. its been over 3 months and no reply. nobody at manhindra wants to admitt there is a problem and they wish i would just go away..

hi: they tested the thermostat at the dealer where i bought the tractor,, in the pan of water. thats what they told me. when the field rep. was at my house they took the stat out to look at it. then put it back in. then he ran the tractor and done his test. the out door temp was in the mid 60 degrees that day. when he left he said there was a problem, and he would kept in touch with me. i e-mailed him 30 days after he was here to see what he found out. he returned an e-mail saying they were still looking into the problem. i waited 60 days and sent another e-mail to him. its been over 3 months and no reply. nobody at manhindra wants to admitt there is a problem and they wish i would just go away..

Well, you need to bump this up the chain of command at Mahindra...

You might stop by the dealership and ask to see the shop manual for your tractor and see if there is more than one thermostat available for your unit...

SPYDERLK

I understand how you feel as I have had problems with Mahindra that could be described identically. I actually think tho, that if you go looking for their heart to pluck it out you would find it in the right place. :shitHitsFan: The problem is getting attention and follow thru. Much more energy required than should be needed. Also there seems a poor chemistry between dealer and manufacturer in my case at least, and the dealer isnt savvy on the issue. Keep at the field rep, repetitively. They have to be reminded you are there if the dealer isnt doing it. If that doesnt work youll have to broaden your contacts at MH [I can give you some names&address].

My 7520 does not heat up in the 20F cold unless I work it HARD and I dont even have the added heat drain of your heater. [I know the radiators not oversized because the tractor flirts with overheat in hard summer work.] Burlap in front of the rad helps in cold, but is touchy and has to be adjusted for the work else you go from no heat to overheat. Seems the Tstat should be able to handle it!? Are automotive ones compatible?
hang in there, larry

Capt D

My thermostat in my 7010 does not get to operating temps as well since the new engine was installed. I was told by the dealer that it was OK to use the tractor that way.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk Capt D.
How far does your gauge move? Is it close to normal operating temp that you saw with the previous engine?

Capt D

I had to have the engine replaced at a little over 300 hours. With the original engine, the temp gauge would achieve low middle relatively quickly. Since the engine was replaced, the temperature gauge remains on the bottom and only during warm days does it rise slightly.
Thank you for your interest. I have informed both Mahindra and the dealer of this problem on several occasions. I have been told that I should be happy that the engine runs "cold" instead of "hot." I have basically blown it off until I read this thread that demonstrated someone else had the same problem. I figure that if the dealer and the manufacturer are aware of it, it must be OK even though I wondered about it.
Thanks again for any feedback.

shvl73

Capt D,
I would check the temp with a thermometer or infrared type unit. Regardless of Mahindra or the dealer being aware of it, if it causes a problem down the road, you may find yourself on the hook for it w/o their asistance. I'd want it fixed.
Just my $0.02