2555 4wd will not disengage

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey buckwheat. Just noticed no one jump on this to help you out. Sorry bout that. That is a heck of a way to welcome you to our tractor forum. My apologies.
I don't have the answer for you but I hope this bump gets some other members to see this post who will know the answer.
Good luck.
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. :tiphat;

jd110

Did you check for 12 volts at the solenoid? Does it have a good ground? DO you have a hi-lo, independent pto, or reverser? Do they work properly? Do all other hydraulics work ok? If everything else works, and you have voltage and ground, then the mfwd clutch is probably warped or seized.

Buckwheat

Thanks JD110. Everything you suggested checked OK. Looks like I will be investigating the MFWD clutch. I appreciate your feedback.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Have you tried rocking it forward and reverse while trying to shift it? That helps release my Case.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
anyone have suggestions on getting to the MFWD clutch. Do you have to break the tractor apart to access?
Yep, I suspect so. I don't know that model for certain but it is more normal than not to have to break them in half to get at the clutch.

Rocking helps to shift my ATV electric shit when it's being persnickety.

jd110

Actually, the clutch drops out the bottom. Drain all the oil. remove mfwd driveshaft. remove rectangular cover from bottom of clutch housing that has solenoid in it. Remove three bolts from quill around mfwd shaft coming out of clutch housing. support mfwd clutch while pulling shaft from front of housing and lower the clutch assembly.