New England Snow (have ya had enough)

GreenMtns

Dougster:

I can relate. If I was (still) in private therapy practice I would (still) be the poorest, but most sought after therapist because I would still give my best effort and never charge for my services :badidea: (You do not have to ask me why I know this :ohmy: .) I could not even handle a sliding fee scale :pat: . You are too nice, but I still believe that you are investing in your client base which will hopefully pay off when you finally get a plowable event.

The weather gods :moon3: are taxing me and teasing/costing you (and many others for that matter).

I respect the January "thaw" effect. During this coming warm period I will have to go out to do the "Full Monty" snow dance :shock: so as to not freeze any body parts nor alarm anyone in the near vicinity. Hang in there and look out :eek:. Jay :letitsnow:

It is good, perhaps, that you live in the country. If you lived next to 495S when you did the "Full Monty" :snow::snow::snow: snow dance we would be able to :read: about it in USA Today, front page, while we drank our Starbucks :biggrin:.

GreenMtns

In other posts Dougster in particular has said he wants snow. These past couple of weekend my national weather has shown lots of snow up the new england way. So, I was wondering if it's time to say enough or if you still want more?

Doc

There does seem to be a line between the "haves :mrgreen:" and "have nots :mad2:". Dougster, sadly lives below the line and sits behind the wheel of his plow truck waiting.

Up here in the frozen north, we sit at our windows :beer-fresh:and watch it snow :snow:. 7" inches today and more coming tomorrow.

Wish we could turn it around and give it to Dougster but it is not to be. :sorry:

Dougster

Old Member
You are too nice, but I still believe that you are investing in your client base which will hopefully pay off when you finally get a plowable event. The weather gods :moon3: are taxing me and teasing/costing you (and many others for that matter).
I believe the correct term is "crazy"... not nice"... but thank you for being kind. :eek:

I watched this same darn effect last year... the one with the snow/rain line going right above my town (albeit with even less total precipitation). It is so discouraging I could scream. :umbrella:

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
It is good, perhaps, that you live in the country. If you lived next to 495S when you did the "Full Monty" :snow: snow dance we would be able to :read: about it in USA Today, front page, while we drank our Starbucks :biggrin:.
Oh, I'd go in and bail Jay out. :D And bring him some Starbucks coffee too for his trouble! :thumb:
Doc

There does seem to be a line between the "haves :mrgreen:" and "have nots :mad2:". Dougster, sadly lives below the line and sits behind the wheel of his plow truck waiting.

Up here in the frozen north, we sit at our windows :beer-fresh:and watch it snow :snow:. 7" inches today and more coming tomorrow.

Wish we could turn it around and give it to Dougster but it is not to be. :sorry:
Thanks Brother Al. :wave: Impossible as it is, I do appreciate that kind thoughts!!! :)

Dougster

Ductape

Another ten inches here yesterday ! :letitsnow:

Actually getting my money's worth out of the blower. :snow:

NewYears08005.jpg

NewYears08008.jpg

jbrumberg

Ductape:

Nice Pics :thumb: ! It looks like you are helping out your local highway department ;) . I have been forgetting to bring my camera with me when I am out moving snow :badidea: . Maybe I will post a pic or two before it starts to melt this weekend after this cold snap. Jay

Paul:

You sound like a weather geek too :respect: :thumb:! My area got 4.5" of light fluffy stuff today. It looks like another ~1" is on the way tonight. My area may get what I call upper air turbulence/uplifting snow showers tomorrow. I agree about the 3 main weather components for your area as well as for the Berkshires and Hilltowns in western MA. So far this season I have had 40" of snow, most of it fell since mid-December. I do not see a lot of snow for the near term- really cold Wednesday through Friday with a January thaw (40's) in the weekend. In a way I am glad as I can do some snow shoeing/tracking this weekend and my driveway is starting to get a little narrow with snow piles around 7' high. I would be curious about your actual final snowfall with this system. Jay :letitsnow:

Welllll...Tuesday nite/Wednesday morning before sunrise... about 4-5 inches and then NOTHING...:mrgreen: ...so as I figure it...we sent more than half of our predicted snow fall to Maine!!!

But since my blower is down, had to plow with the FEL...:mad:

Ductape

Ductape:

Nice Pics :thumb: ! It looks like you are helping out your local highway department ;) . I have been forgetting to bring my camera with me when I am out moving snow :badidea: . Maybe I will post a pic or two before it starts to melt this weekend after this cold snap. Jay

Jay,
I blow back the snowbanks in both directions past my house..... right up onto the lawn if i can do it without blowing too much dirt. That way when the town plow truck goes by, his wing plow "unloads" where i've cut the banks back. Otherwise...... the plow unloads in my driveway!!:bash:

Ductape

Dougster,
Its 50 inches wide, and is PTO powered off the mid PTO. It has electric chute rotation, which is a HUGE plus in my book. I do need to rig up either hydraulic, or electric control on the deflector. I've gotta say that i'm totally impressed with it..... it has absolutely no conscience (tractor is a 24hp B2400) ! Being the panty waist i am..... i've been wanting a front blower forever. I personally don't need a loader on in the winter..... and i did use a rear blower on my Yanmar. It worked well, i just like driving, and looking forward when i'm blowing snow. Whats-Her-Name says i now have one to many tractors, so it looks like i'll be selling my Yanmar. :badidea: One can not have to many tractors as far as i'm concerned. But on a related note.... i was complaining to Whats-Her-Name the other day about how Kubota was re-vamping the B series tractors this year..... and things like aftermarket cabs for my tractor would disappear. She said to just sell both tractors and whichever impliments i don't use......... and buy the one NEW tractor i want !!!!! :applause: Sounds like full permission for that enclosed cab tractor to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave: I knew there was a reason i married her !:king:

Dougster

Old Member
She said to just sell both tractors and whichever impliments i don't use......... and buy the one NEW tractor i want !!!!! :applause: Sounds like full permission for that enclosed cab tractor to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave: I knew there was a reason i married her !:king:
That's the way it sounds to me too!!! :thumb: I say go for it while the going is good!!! :mrgreen:

Definitely a nifty set-up you've got there Duct! :) I keep wondering if I could/should involve the Mahindra in some way with the snowplowing business... but so far, the minuses out-way the pluses. My clients are way too far apart and street travel would be both risky and illegal (not to mention bone-chilling cold!). Trailering to client sites is not a workable option at this time. A street-registrable cab tractor could change all that... but to what end? A commercial backhoe (w/cab) would make the most difference... but I think that's still gonna have to wait until I move up to your "Live Free or Die" state! :)

Dougster

GreenMtns

Dougster,
Its 50 inches wide, and is PTO powered off the mid PTO. It has electric chute rotation, which is a HUGE plus in my book. I do need to rig up either hydraulic, or electric control on the deflector. I've gotta say that i'm totally impressed with it..... it has absolutely no conscience (tractor is a 24hp B2400) ! Being the panty waist i am..... i've been wanting a front blower forever. I personally don't need a loader on in the winter..... and i did use a rear blower on my Yanmar. It worked well, i just like driving, and looking forward when i'm blowing snow. Whats-Her-Name says i now have one to many tractors, so it looks like i'll be selling my Yanmar. One can not have to many tractors as far as i'm concerned. But on a related note.... i was complaining to Whats-Her-Name the other day about how Kubota was re-vamping the B series tractors this year..... and things like aftermarket cabs for my tractor would disappear. She said to just sell both tractors and whichever impliments i don't use......... and buy the one NEW tractor i want !!!!! Sounds like full permission for that enclosed cab tractor to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew there was a reason i married her !

Duct

Mine wasn't so understanding and I did not have two tractors to deal with, so when I said a cab tractor would be nice to blow snow with :snow:, she said " :no: You don't need a cab, you've been blowing snow without one for years."

:mad2:

I said :fart2: :oops: "Honey, you're absolutely right. Why didn't I think of this long ago. You blow the snow out of the drive next year. :mrgreen: She said "WAS THAT YOU?". Nope, the dog, I said. :badidea:

But she didn't like the idea of being out there in 0 degrees or colder so after she calmed down from my "mistake". She said" Lets take a look, ONLY a look"

I am now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dougster

Old Member
But she didn't like the idea of being out there in 0 degrees or colder so after she calmed down from my "mistake". She said" Lets take a look, ONLY a look" I am now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You members of the CAB brigade are spoiled rotten and you know it!!! ;) Your wife should have stuck by her guns!!! :thumb:

That ain't no tractor. That's a green luxury SUV!!! :rolleyes:

Dougster

GreenMtns

You members of the CAB brigade are spoiled rotten and you know it!!! ;) Your wife should have stuck by her guns!!! :thumb:

That ain't no tractor. That's a green luxury SUV!!! :rolleyes:

Dougster

I know, I know. :)

Now, I want you to know the snow line was just above Hartford, CT. Went down New Haven yesterday and, just like your place "in the sun", it was bare ground. But up here...................

ye haw

I went out this morning and blew another 5" of the white stuff out of my driveway. Inside the CAB it was a balmy 70 or so degrees. Gosh I love my cab. I am a :king: in my
CAB. :snow: :snow: :snow: Bring it on Snow God, Bring it on.

Ductape

The first winter in our house..... Whats-Her-Name actually helped me shovel :badidea: the driveway most storms. After that, i was on my own. Got my first tractor (the Yanmar) mostly with this in mind. I haven't gotten much grief over any of my tractor related purchases, i suspect mostly because she wants nothing to do with any of that type of chore. I figure that she gives me the OK on a new (cab) tractor just so she needs not worry about being outside in zero weather after a snowstorm. We both win :thumb: .

Dougster

Old Member
I know, I know. :)

Now, I want you to know the snow line was just above Hartford, CT. Went down New Haven yesterday and, just like your place "in the sun", it was bare ground. But up here...................

ye haw

I went out this morning and blew another 5" of the white stuff out of my driveway. Inside the CAB it was a balmy 70 or so degrees. Gosh I love my cab. I am a :king: in my
CAB. :snow: :snow: :snow: Bring it on Snow God, Bring it on.
Al - You are enjoying winter in Vermont WAY too much!!! ;)

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
The first winter in our house..... Whats-Her-Name actually helped me shovel :badidea: the driveway most storms. After that, i was on my own. Got my first tractor (the Yanmar) mostly with this in mind. I haven't gotten much grief over any of my tractor related purchases, i suspect mostly because she wants nothing to do with any of that type of chore. I figure that she gives me the OK on a new (cab) tractor just so she needs not worry about being outside in zero weather after a snowstorm. We both win :thumb: .
And I think you just want a luxury SUV for yourself like Al has got! ;)

Dougster

GreenMtns

You will love being a member of the "CAB brigade" :wave:.

Dougster :poke: will make a point of jabbing you every so often because he too, would LIKE a cab. But with the amount of snow he gets (we keep trying to send it south but it keeps turning around at Hartford and coming back),he can't justify one. For now he will live vicariously though our CAB's :wave:

Somethings to keep in mind:

Do it the right way; Go to the garage in zero weather, open cab door, get inside, start engine and blow snow. :snow:
When done you will notice that it is starting to get warm in there.

Do it my way; :soapbox: Go to garage in zero weather, open cab door, get inside, start engine, move tractor outdoors, get out of tractor and go back inside where it is warm, have cup of coffee, Go back out to nice warm tractor, blow snow. When done you will say, that was nice, not cold at all. :mrgreen:

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster :poke: will make a point of jabbing you every so often because he too, would LIKE a cab. But with the amount of snow he gets (we keep trying to send it south but it keeps turning around at Hartford and coming back),he can't justify one. For now he will live vicariously though our CAB's :wave:
I cannot deny it with a straight face. :eek: I admit it... you've got me pegged! :thumb:
Somethings to keep in mind:

Do it the right way; Go to the garage in zero weather, open cab door, get inside, start engine and blow snow. :snow:
When done you will notice that it is starting to get warm in there.

Do it my way; :soapbox: Go to garage in zero weather, open cab door, get inside, start engine, move tractor outdoors, get out of tractor and go back inside where it is warm, have cup of coffee, Go back out to nice warm tractor, blow snow. When done you will say, that was nice, not cold at all. :mrgreen:
Now Al... Have you talked to Al Gore about that procedure of yours??? I believe he would tell you that you are contributing to Global Warming and he don't care a hoot that you are doing it 'cause you happen to be out there in the middle of another gosh-darned snowstorm!!! :yum:

Dougster

I cannot deny it with a straight face. :eek: I admit it... you've got me pegged! :thumb:

Now Al... Have you talked to Al Gore about that procedure of yours??? I believe he would tell you that you are contributing to Global Warming and he don't care a hoot that you are doing it 'cause you happen to be out there in the middle of another gosh-darned snowstorm!!! :yum:

Dougster

Yea and all this Global Warming is cutting into the Dougster's coffee money. :yum: :yum: