How big is yours?

Oh COME ON NOW:pat: Not THAT. GET YOUR MINDS OUTTA THE GUTTER:rolleyes:

I stopped on the way home today and picked up a new Dell 22" flat screen monitor. Got a new computer a few months back. New speakers, mouse, and keyboard right after that. Yesterday my old printer died. So the Mrs. and I ran out and got another'n. The local Staples started a sale on monitors today, so I replaced the last piece of the puzzle today.

THIS GIANT SCREEN SURE IS NICE FOR AN OLD MAN WHO LIKES TO SIT HALFWAY ACROSS THE ROOM WHERE HE COULDN'T SEE HIS OLD MONITOR:cool:

(Sorry for all the caps.:sorry: Playin' w/the GIANTscreen)

Also, starting to sleet here. Freezing rain, turning to snow, with possible 6" accumulation tonight:letitsnow:

So, What size monitor do you use?

Mith

I have a 24", and a 19".....
Great for CAD. :D

California, I still have my first little 15" flat panel in the workshop, paid $900 for it, when they first started becoming popular.

Dougster

Old Member
The poor old Dougster is still working on a vintage Panasonic PanaSync S70 (17" tube monitor) that refuses to die. It is probably destroying my eyesight, so I really should upgrade... but I tried a 19" LCD that was given to me as a gift a couple years back and I didn't like it at all. I know things have improved, so I should give LCD a try again, but this old tube set gives off some very nice heat... a true rarity in Dougster Manor these cold winter days. :rolleyes:

Dougster :starbucks:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have a 21' old monitor. I've had it 10 years now. Still going strong. I finally did upgrade my laptop so now I have 17" there. On my 3 workstations i still have the old style monitors that came with old computers that I salvaged / repaired. I can't bring myself to spend cash on a flat screen for the workstations cause I'm rarely in front of them. I remote desktop to them when I need something off of them.

I hate to hear about that sleet Junk, we're expecting 3" of ice/snow here later tonight. I was hoping the weatherman was wrong.

I hate to hear about that sleet Junk, we're expecting 3" of ice/snow here later tonight. I was hoping the weatherman was wrong.

It ain't just a prediction any longer. It's now "measurable precipitation":letitsnow: Almost an inch so far. Weather guessers are waffling more'n a sleazy politician at this juncture. Anywhere from a light dusting to 8". The only thing they seem sure of is it'll turn to freezing rain before it stops in the late morning. Aughtta make for an interesting drive to work in the AM. The Mrs. just made it home. She was rather tensed up after nearly taking the ditch on our road. :eek: She said it's getting slick in a hurry.

The poor old Dougster is still working on a vintage Panasonic PanaSync S70 (17" tube monitor) that refuses to die. It is probably destroying my eyesight, so I really should upgrade... but I tried a 19" LCD that was given to me as a gift a couple years back and I didn't like it at all. I know things have improved, so I should give LCD a try again, but this old tube set gives off some very nice heat... a true rarity in Dougster Manor these cold winter days. :rolleyes:

I've got a 19" HP at work and this Dell 22". I LOVE 'em. The trick is to NOT sit too close. If you do, EVERYTHING looks HUGE!:lam:

Dougster

Old Member
You poor guy. I bought one of those at a yard sale for $10. Several years ago.
I've got a 19" HP at work and this Dell 22". I LOVE 'em. The trick is to NOT sit too close. If you do, EVERYTHING looks HUGE!:lam:
Good Lord!!! :eek: Dougster has made his second mistake in one day!!! :eek: A new record! :rolleyes:

That gift LCD monitor I tried was a 20"... not a 19". I was just informed of the error by a certain GF who bought the dang thing. It was huge... way too huge for my hideous old eyeballs. :(

This old 17" Panasonic tube jobby may become a valuable collectors item someday. Won't be long before you won't be able to buy one anymore... Al Gore's global warming thang and all... :wink:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Just a 17" LCD here. I'd like a 19" or 21" but I'll wait until this one pukes.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Old viewsonic 21" and 17" laptop.

also a 12" antique IBM on the security DVR