bear came to visit

Onfoot

Sounds delicious--but expect you need more than just a few squirrels--at least ours are pretty scrawny!</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
God as my judge, I'm riding with Bordercollie !!!!!</p>

</p>

</p>

>>>>> two guns </p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"] If Bczoom doesn't want to go along on the first trip we can all dig a bomb shelter in the side of the mountain so he will feel more at home............[/quote]</p>

Hey, I/we don't need a shelter, yet... Except for the rustic cabin with no utilities, you're description matches where I live. I have the woods, creek through the back yard, areas to play, hunt and get muddy (if you want). Not as many mean snakes as you have but I've been carrying my "snake charmer" (Taurus Judge) with me as the weather warms up, just in case. When I worked in the city (Pittsburgh), I'd have co-workers tell me about the wonderful camp they're going to "way, way, way out in the country". The expression on their face was priceless as I told them that I'm quite aware of that camp... I pass it every day on the way to work.</p>

How long do we need beforehand to take linguistic classes so we can understand Tommy? I'm already pretty decent with Two-Guns dialect and don't have any problems with Canuck.</p>

</p>

I guess the Elk steaks is out of the question...........Looks like squirrel stew and cornbread for lunch and pancakes for breakfast...........Canadian beer for relaxing in the evening.........We won't be able to have any conversations with Tommy because he will be under the RTV'S getting measurements........If Tommy wants anything, he can use Bordercollie and Two Guns as an interpreter.....I was just wondering if Kubota Kanook and Onfoot will be able to understand each other since there are so many dialects in Canada?????? This might be an interesting RTV rendezvous....</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
you just gottaremember to let us coonasses know what's your pets and whats fare game. andi'll bring a ice chest just incase we see anything fresh on the road on the ride up this time of year all them critters are out and about .i went to the zoo the other day and got a few good recipies for some critters. </p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
[quote user="tommy 20/69"]</p>

you just gottaremember to let us coonasses know what's your pets and whats fare game. andi'll bring a ice chest just incase we see anything fresh on the road on the ride up this time of year all them critters are out and about .i went to the zoo the other day and got a few good recipies for some critters. </p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Forgive him, for heknow not what he say ~~~~~~</p>

Heain't right !!!! he . he . he . he ....</p>

</p>

>>>>>>>>> two guns </p>

P.S. Got to have a Popyes' chicken house somewhere up there .</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I think this is the most fun I have had in a good while!.... Whatever is on the left side of the yellow line Tommy can cook but the right side is mine. When I lived in Ark, our county seat had an armadillo festival.. not bad bbq!! I think we should talk Two Guns into bring a hog too, now that is some good eating with a side bowl of Tommy's gumbo . No telling what he will put in it though.Oh for the good ole days. I think they may exist at Rusty's.............. Bordercollie</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i went to the zoo and i seen the camels and got a really good recipie for camel toe pie. when i seen them gatorsi was thinkin of comin home and fryin up the last bag i had in the freezer.</p>

muleman2

I vote Bordercollie as head cook cause you can't trust cajuns with the spices. Squirrel stew sounds great and I will contibute some alfalfa fed "young" groundhog. Just got some great smoked sausage and bacon from my 1/2 of a hog we did. Smoked with sasafras! Love that taste. Tommy ain't that hard to understand unless he has been into the shine. As Zoom says I see that scenery every day where I live. Been watching the tom turkeys strutting for the hens this past week. Won't be long and the pullets will be running all over. I think we will have fox pups again this year as she has been crossing the back field regularly on her way back to the den. Living here is like reliving my youth in a lot of ways. Including picking rocks in the garden! Got a few days off from that as they are covered with snow right now. Now I get to finish drywall in wife's new bathroom in the basement. Man I hate finishing drywall.</p>

While out on the trail today, looking for snow to push, I came across a Canadian MOUFFETTE strolling down the path. managed to get hold of it and put it in a grain bag. Tossed the bagged MOUFFETTE in the back of the RTV. I'll bring it along to toss into the stew. They're 'purdy lil critters but they smell a bit bad. That 'cajun spice should take care of the fumes though..</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahhh, a mouffette. It'll be new to me as I haven't eaten one before.</p>

I do think it would be really fun to set up a nice Snipe hunt. Since muleman, Rusty and myself are familiar with this terrain, environment and their moving habits this time of year, we can set up Tommy and Two Guns can be the "baggers". If Bordercollie would cook them, that would be awsome.</p>

[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"]Looks like squirrel stew and cornbread for
lunch and pancakes for breakfast...........Canadian beer for </p>

[/quote]</p>

Dang Rusty, that's just not right. You mentioned breakfast and lunch and had me really psyched when you said "Canadian beer for"... and didn't finish that sentence with "dinner". Oh, I normally drink Labatts but Molson is fine. Maybe a canuck can bring down some of the good Molson's that we can't get in the States.</p>

Tommy - On the roadkill, good luck finding it up here. We have a 30% rule. If it's legs aren't sticking in the air more than 30% (from rigamortis), it's still "fresh". We don't leave much behind for the buzzards, crows and other varmints to pick on.</p>

Bill - on the drywall, what are you using for sanding (straight paper, block, electric sander...)? There's some good/easy ways to do it, others aren't so nice.</p>

</p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
bc:</p>

I can bring along some 'tailor-made' sticks made just for snipe hunting. I know for a fact that theyhave been successfuly used at least several times.</p>

Keifer, a RTV wannabe</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oops. Sorry to include you in the locals list. Please do bring those sticks. Do you have enough for everyone? I leant my sticks out about 10 years ago. They never came back :-(</p>

</p>

Two Guns, There isn't a Popeye's within 100 miles .......The only thing we have right now is Raccoon, opossum and a few squirrel's on the road,,,,,,,,,,,Whistle Pig season is very close and the young ones are good eating..........There were 12 turkeys in my yard this morning looking for some scratch feed. Bordercolie, can you bring some clam shells with you so i can crush them and add it to the scratch????I worry when the turkey go out on the road and eat gravel to get some grit............</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
if it's stiff that means you picked it up to soon you need to leave it out on the rqod a bit more i try to pick my road kill up when the legs come right off with just a tug thast when you know it's just about done. infact i made me a coonass smoker i got this old chevey with some really bab rings and man itsome fierce so what i did was tied me in a pipe towhat was left of the muffler and ran it to thebed of the truck where i have a bunch of rack set up i got me one of them camper tops that seal up good . well anyways what i do is when i see some good dinner sorry road kill i stop by scoop it up and put the pieces on the rack and let tha smoke do the cookin i tell you what you get yourself a good case of boonsfarm and ride around with a few hoes for about an hour i like to call it "wine,um/dine,um them grind,um . but anyways you load up wit a case of boons farm or md20/20 and a good bed full of roadkill and 3 or 4 hoes get dem hoes good and looped up den take dem out for a good night on the town after a few hours them inyards is bloatin out of them coons and possum and they are burstin all over the bed of thetruck but hey i'm a smart nam i spray the bed down wit pam so they don't stick you serve them inyards up in a bowl wit some deere roast man dat stuff is good it kinda got dat burnt 10w40 smell to it but dem hoes luv it cause dey crack daddy don't feed dem no how. people always know i'ma cruisin tha streets cauz the buzzards are flyin over . i'll bring my smoker when i come up there.</p>

</p>

Tommy,</p>

I hate to break the bad news to you but that pie you were talking about is not supposed to be cooked............Just heat it up..........LOL.............</p>

</p>

Muleman2,</p>

The coyotes were yipping last night so bad that I couldn't hear the old hoot owl down in the hollow. Then the geese started honking and that got the Loons and the pair of Blue Heron answering back..........That is what you get for having a 12 acre lake in your back yard..........The best part was the other day (Sunday) when I saw that the pair of Osprey were back and diving for trout............They really hit the water with an impact..........I wish we could get rid of the geese.........We had 168 live here all summer. When goose season opened they all disappeared.............</p>

Rusty Anvil.......</p>

</p>

Bczoom and Keifer and Muleman2,</p>

I can bring some bags for the snipe if Keifer will bring the sticks........My sticks all got crushed last year..........How are we going to explain to the cajans which way the bobble headed snipe is going to jump???????? It's kind of hard to predict the direction the snipe will go especially if they are in swamp grass and cat nine tails.</p>

Rusty Anvil.......</p>