hi all, newbie with a 1100 problem

fishguts

hi all i have a 1100 kubota with a little over 100 hours on it. my problem is just yesterday i was plowing and when i was done i took off down the road and she died out on me. slower rpms are ok but when flored it dies out and almost stops. is there a easy fix? first thing that came to my mind was fuel filter? any input would be greatly apreciated. thanks for any tips.here she is.

001-25.jpg

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
fishguts,
First, I want to welcome you to the forum. Great
"family" place to be. I Like your call-name !!! Where did that come from ?
Now, your RTV.....
The fuel filter would be the very first thing. Another thing. Kubota has a very bad placement on air-filter
system. Check air filter. It will make you run weak.
If you don't have , GET a high rise.
May I add, need to start adding some Stanadyne fuel
treatment in your RTV everytime. Get the purple bottle, it's the Lubricity Formula. Why ? For NO diesel has the lubricity in it no more. Save your fuel pump and engine.
Keep us up to date.
........ two guns

Attachments

• Happy Cajun.jpg
    Happy Cajun.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 207

fishguts

thank you 2guns. i fillet all the fish for our annual fish fry and thats were the username came from! when you mentioned run weak, well i noticed this year trapping she didnt seem to run quite as fast as the year befor when she was new, so its proably connected. Lubricity Formula, my kubota dealer should have that i hope, ive never herd of it. PS is a dirty air filter gonna be aparent by looking at it? i checked it this fall quick and it looked ok? but i run a lot of dusty fields so it makes sence it may be that!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've heard spark arrestors can rob power. Not sure if they can rob that much power though. On the newer models they have screws where you can remove them to check them out (at the rear of the muffler).

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
fishguts,
Private Message me your contact number. cell, or land line..... I will call you and help the best I can. I can move my lips better than my sore finger.
Reason for Private Message, don't want spammers banging your line..... :tiphat:

........ jamie

Kanook

Plowing snow...cold weather.......sounds like water in the fuel that gets trapped in the fuelfilter and freezes and restricting fuel flow. Engines starts and runs but lacks power at higher RPM or dies completely....see it frequently.

fishguts

ok thanks guys, im gonna get me a new filter and some of that additive as soon as my dealer opens next year.

Kanook

What happens with the fuel filters is they trap the water which being heavier than diesel stays at the bottom of the filter and the fuel just flows straight through.Eventually the built up water freezes..When it freezes it expands and chokes off the fuel delivery. The wateris usually from cndensation in the fuel tank once the cold weather arrives and is usually an early in the season phenomena..The best filters are the glass bowl type....shut off the fuel, empty the bowl, replace the element and away you go..Units that reside in heated enclosures can be troublesome as a result of the heat-cool-heat cool transitions into sub freezing temperatures.

Just my personal experience with my Kubota diesels.....'course it could just be the ole spark arrestor.

I note that you reside in NE NY which experiences similiar weather to me. This condition wouldn't arise in the 'southern' machines

Last edited:

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
ok thanks guys, im gonna get me a new filter and some of that additive as soon as my dealer opens next year.

I've never seen Stanadyne at a Kubota dealership. Nor, will you find it at
Wal-Mart. You might save trouble and call or look up who carries it in your area. I've only found it in diesel shops, big truck stops, etc.

They have several additives on the market. But been using this for a many, many year, even before diesel started going bad on us. It's never
let me down.

Check you private message box .....

......... two guns

Attachments

• INDEPENDENCE.jpg
    INDEPENDENCE.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 204

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Jamie.....Where did you get the pic of my wife out in the pasture tryin to find that rattlesnake on the run...........lol.....she gets that same look on her face and her barn gun looks just like that..........

Sounds to me like the spark arrestor or the fuel filter.......OH FISHGUTS...welcome aboard......reminds me of when we plugged up the local rent-a-cop's exhaust pipe with a potato at ball games back in the old days.......God bless......Dennis

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Fishguts,
Posting a pic of a clogged arrestor. This was not mine.
BUT, unless you have the tools and means of doing a complete make-0ver
on your arrestor. I would just use a Dremel tool and cut ONLY THE MESH
out of your arrestor. Nothing but the mesh !!!
That way you will have the "tail-pipe support" on your muffler system.
I will let some others chime in on this.

Also included in this post is a "Arrestor Make-over" picture, which this
was manufactured by one of our members. Good Job I would say !!!!
We removed ours at maybe some 20 hours or so, and it was clogged up.
This might be much of your troubles, combination of clogged arrestor and filter needs changing.

Attachments

• Clogged%20Arrestor.jpg
    Clogged%20Arrestor.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 188
  • New Arrestor.jpg
    New Arrestor.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 191

fishguts

update, just went out to work on it and its cold so i put in a shot of sea foam and let her warm up and did a little plowing, after plowing i took her up and down the road and it didnt stallout. im still gonna get rid of that arrester, but starting to look like maybe a plugged vent in the fuel tank? were does it vent from the cap?

fishguts

there was ice buildup under the cap when i took it off. that must have been it vaccuum in the tank? but that arrestor is still coming out, thanks sooo much all.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
FISHGUTS,
CHECK YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE BOX ....

:hammer:

Attachments

• Gator Smiling.jpg
    Gator Smiling.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 177

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
update, just went out to work on it and its cold so i put in a shot of sea foam and let her warm up and did a little plowing, after plowing i took her up and down the road and it didnt stallout.

Seems that the Seafoam did it's job. One of those jobs is to "eat" up globs of water and eliminate them. Up above folks were talking about your fuel filter being partially clogged with frozen water. The reaction you got with Seafoam is indicative of that.
On a pretty regular basis I put a fuel treatment, typically Lucas, along with cetane, and lubricosity stuff that cleans up the fuel and injectors. Everytime I do that I really notice more oooomphf going up my 400 yard 20 degree hill......I no longer have to floor board it and back off just a bit to get it to work but am able to hold it at 3/4 throttle or so.......
Anyway, perhaps MORE Seafoam and just let it do it's thing. Really isn't a big deal to change out the fuel filter. That is on the 900 with the filter moved up high and the side plate removed for access........Use a small vice grip on each side to pinch the fuel line and a needle nose vice grip to squeeze the clamps. Try to avoid dumping fuel and you do not have to bleed the air out of the lines........
YES, for sure get that spark arrestor cleaned up..........Blow out your air filter from the inside.....Do this 2 hours or so of maintenance and you are ready to go Bud.......God bless........Dennis

Popo1945

New guy here,
Happy New Year to all. Fishguts - really like your plow. Is it all hydraulic or does it run off of a winch? I have an 04 900 with heavy duty struts. That plow would make a good addition for the snow here in MN.
I had a problem like yours a couple of times. I thought it was the fuel filter (mine came w/o a spark arrestor). Well, it wasn't the filter. When it happened I had three people in the cab. So, to make a little more room I slid my butt to the left & my wallet (it was fat from all the money - ya right) hit the hydraulic dump lever depressing slightly. The pump built up pressure & slowed engine under higher rpm's.