Boomer 40 Problems

s/c4095

Hey all, new to the forum here but know this is where you get the best answers! I have a 2012 boomer 40 that keeps dying while i'm working with it. Sent it back to the dealer under warranty in January and was told it was a safety switch. Got it back and now the same problem but now its out of warranty. They took it back to repair (didn't want to do it though) and had it two weeks and said they replaced all safety switches. Used it last night and the same thing. You would have to play with the clutch and brake pedal along with the P brake to get it going again. Any info would help tremendously!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!

Odd that you need to play with the brakes and clutch to get it running. I don't have a NH but wonder if the safety switches are good but slightly out of alignment. Maybe they're not recognizing where the controls really are set. E.g. If the seat switch was too low, it may not recognize operator presence and when you put it in gear and let off the clutch it doesn't think you're in the seat and shuts down. I can't think of a safety switch on the brake system (mine doesn't have any). Is it set to turn off the tractor if it sees the emer brake on while you try to drive? (Emer brake on, in gear, let off clutch and then it quits).

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi and welcome to Net Tractor Talk.
I agree with BCzoom. Sounds like a switch is either out of alinement or not communicating as they should with the tractors main computer. Maybe the main computer board has a crack or flaw (bad solder joint) if all the switches are okay.

But the out of warranty issue should not be an issue. You had it in for repair during warranty, they obviously did not fix it. Weather has finally given you time to test it and find out it is not fixed as it should be. Any dealer worth his salt would take this back and fix it under warranty. If not I would raise the issue further up the chain with company HQ.
Good luck, and please keep us posted.

Hello s/c4095 and welcome,

Sounds like one of two safeties switch on the clutch or the seat. They are the main ones that shut the engine down. If your messing with the peddles while seated you could be reconnecting the seat safety. Have you contacted New Holland yet? (717) 355-1121 or http://agriculture.newholland.com/us/en/About-New-Holland/Contact-New-Holland/Pages/Contact.aspx

I had some problems with mine shortly after I purchased it and the dealer was a jerk. I contacted NH and they got me taken care of.