CK20S 17hrs: The Honey Moon is over! First Problem.

Rider7767

Site Supporter
First and foremost, I use my tractors. I do not abuse them, but work them. I am a maintenance fanatic. I now have 17 hours on my new CK20S with manual transmission, and my tractor has been greased 3 times. Yesterday evening while pulling a box blade, my 3pt hitch started bouncing up and down at what ever level I put it at. It still lifts strong, but it bounces up and down when it reaches the top of the level set at. I checked the fluid level and it shows full. There are no leaks. It seems to be internal. Any thoughts? Am I doing something stupid? I guess I will see how the Warranty Works after having the tractor only 4 days. Buying a new tractor and having it fail after 4 days is somewhat disappointing. :pat: I worked my 30 year old Yanmar YM1500 like a mule with only normal maintenance issue.

Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sure does not sound like you are doing anything stew-pid. After having it and putting it through it's paces for four days you sure would not expect that, but if it's going to happen you want it to happen early so they can fix it....and like you said, you'll find out how good the warranty really is, if it turns out to be a warranty issue.

One thought I did have, I wonder if the box blade is to heavy for the tractor. Do you have the issue with other implements?

Rider7767

Site Supporter
Sure does not sound like you are doing anything stew-pid. After having it and putting it through it's paces for four days you sure would not expect that, but if it's going to happen you want it to happen early so they can fix it....and like you said, you'll find out how good the warranty really is, if it turns out to be a warranty issue.

One thought I did have, I wonder if the box blade is to heavy for the tractor. Do you have the issue with other implements?

Doc,
It is just a small 4 foot box blade. It is well below the limits of the tractor. My 4 foot bush hog is much heavier and longer, but still well below the weight limit of the hitch. It pull the hog for 12 hours over three days. Another guy (on one of the other evil tractor forums:wall:) posted this to me. It fits the symptoms. He said it was most likely not adjust correctly at setup. We will see.

:noevil:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well that sounds good. I hope that fixes it for you. :thumb:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That is good to hear. I hope it works out right. I scared myself once when I turned the knob just under the seat .. thinking it was for the seat weight thing and it was the 3ph speed adjustment.. :pat: bordercollie

Rider7767

Site Supporter
That is good to hear. I hope it works out right. I scared myself once when I turned the knob just under the seat .. thinking it was for the seat weight thing and it was the 3ph speed adjustment.. :pat: bordercollie

The guy I received my info from said, the hardest part was removing the seat. :clap: I had to go out of town, so it will have to wait until this weekend.

Rider7767

Site Supporter
The guy I received my info from said, the hardest part was removing the seat. :clap: I had to go out of town, so it will have to wait until this weekend.
Having a new tractor at home and being on a business trip is like a kid opening Christmas presents and leaving.:boom:

Rider7767

Site Supporter
Doc,
It is just a small 4 foot box blade. It is well below the limits of the tractor. My 4 foot bush hog is much heavier and longer, but still well below the weight limit of the hitch. It pull the hog for 12 hours over three days. Another guy (on one of the other evil tractor forums:wall:) posted this to me. It fits the symptoms. He said it was most likely not adjust correctly at setup. We will see.

:noevil:
I will film the repair and post it. There is not much on the CK20S out there, so this may help others.

Rider7767

Site Supporter
My Tractor is fixed. The adjustment took only a few minutes after the seat and tunnel were removed. The process took just a little over an hour. I also video the process. I will get it posted after editing.