Kubota RTV gets a snow blade

spent some time in my younger days working pipeline up in onfoots neck of the woods. As pointed out in another thread, cold is a relative thing. we were laying pipe in the winter cause you can't get the heavy equipment onto the muskeg once it warms up. the daytime temps would warm up to -10f and drop to -30 or 40f + at night. we had to keep the engines running 24/7 cause if you shut them down, they could,t be restarted without lighting a bond fire under the engine to warm it up. but as onfoot has indicated elsewhere, it was a dry cold (low humidity) and as long as the proper attire was worn, you could spend all day (and we did) outside and be comfortable.</p>

unfortunately here in eastern ontario most of our winter storms come to us courteous of our southern neighbours. they start out in the gulf of mexico and travel up the east coast picking up moisture from the atlantic and dump it on us in the form of snow (lots of it sometimes). the one i rememberback in januarymeasured 26" of pretty heavy stuff. fortunately it doesn't snow when it gets really cold so the temp is usually in the +10f to +25f range when the snowblowing takes place and its usually high humidity which is bone chilling. sitting on a blower without a heated cab for an extended period soon takes the fun part out of the equation when its damp like that. the penn. ny. new england and maritimers can probably vouch for that.</p>

I always keep a parka and extra mits in the cab just in case.</p>

I love snow blowing...hate the cold....can't wait to get that hard cab installed for next winter</p>

Almost forgot the eh! eh?</p>

Onfoot

I hear you on the damp cold! We lived in PEI and then Halifax for some 20 years and the damp cold would go right through ya, no matter how many layers of clothing you might have on. 30F with a wet snow and high winds in Halifax is way colder than a dry and still -30F here in the Yukon. So I agree, if I was using my RTV in the Maritimes, I would likely be wanting the cab, eh? :)</p>

[quote user="zenchal26"]</p>

what is that one in the middle with the blower on it</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

The one in the middle is a Kubota F3060, 30hp 4 cyl diesel with a 52" blower and a heated/insulated Jodale-Perry cab. It has 2800 hrs on it and can really chuck snow. Its my primary snow mover as its very effective and highly manuverable.. The F3060 takes on grass cutting in the lawn mowing season with a 72" mower.</p>

The unit on the left is B1700. Its backup for the F3060 in case of a break down. Customer don't care if the equipment is broke, they just want their driveway cleaned.....NOW....The b1700 takes care of wood chipping with a 3pth bearcat and and digging with back hoe and fel</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Attention Attention..... </p>

In several years there won't be any need for snow moving machines anywhere! Just ask Al Gore, Nobel Peace Prize winner, and his band of climate changenon-scientific, have to have a cause, political hack, tree hugging goofball, meatheads. </p>

me sorry........... just had to throw some political nonsenseinto the thread. </p>

Keifer. a RTV wannabe</p>