Tommy is floating away

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Was watching the weather channel and seen where Tommy has gotten almost 10" of rain in the last few days. He is just south of houma,la and they have gotten drenched with rain lately. I know he is in a real low area only a short distance from the gulf and there is not many places for all that water to go. Keep him in your thoughts.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Yep, those folks down there hasreceived some rain-water !!!! Tommywill be fine, he's web-footed, most coonass' are !!!</p>

We still keep 'em in our prayers ~~~~~~</p>

</p>

>>>>>>>>> two guns <<<<<<<<<</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
well i'm really 10 miles north of houma and 15 miles from the gulf by way of morgan city arear. we been getting some rain but we could use more. the other day when we got them 14"in a few hours was nice me and the guys went for a night ride on the atv/utv's and it was fun the trails was covered with over 24" of water and in some spots deeper. me and my buddy went ride last night and we was kinda hopeing it would rain a bit more over nite. if we wouldn't have been under a drought all this rain would have really done some damage but the ground saoked it up in a matter of a day or two.thanks for lookin out for me we do fine it in the rain it's just when that rain comes wrapped around this cyclone thing with 150mph winds that does the damage. i still haven't really finished cleaning up after the last storm i do a little here and thereand i'm still waiting for the rest of the insurance claim money to come in they are slow. i had one guy on the computer ask what it's like to go through a tornado and i told him like a guy from up north told me right after he packed up and left de described it like this he said well a tornado come in last for a few minutes and it has a destruction path of about a mile wide at the most. then the guy desribed the huricane and said it's like a huge tornado that lasted for 15 hours and had a destruction tack of a few hundred miles. he told me you people are crazy for going through them things he said he'll take his chances with a tornado anyday but after he went through huricane andrew he said you can have it and that was the last i seen of him i think he was from nebraska or one of them middle states. if it wasn't for the food/mud/people i would have left long ago but i just like the place to much to leave i'm hunger and i seen how ya'll eat up north and a coonass would starve in weekstheyprobably even give coonass's extra mre's in the military being they know they are used to eating alot.lol thats why the iraqi people want us out they eating them out of house and home over there them poor goats ain't got a chance they say just send kingsford charcaol and some tabasco and they will be fine.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad you're OK.</p>

As for the tornado vs. a hurricane, there's no comparison. The description you gave isn't really accurate. Compared to a hurricane, a tornado is very localized but SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful than a tornado. </p>

Hurricanes and tornados each have 5 levels/categories of strength. A category 5 hurricane (the most powerful) is only a 2 on the tornado chart. A F5 tornado (the most powerful) has wind speeds that can exceed 300 MPH. That's about double what a massive hurricane would produce and NOTHING above ground gets through one unscathed.</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
well the thing with a huricane is you have a sustained wind of 140mph that is constant then you have all them twisters that get spun off of the huricane that peak out in the 200mph + range so everyone thinks a huricane is just wind and rain it's not it's constant 100+mph plus the twisters/tonadoes that get spun off the feeder bans as it whip aroundlook at the destruction after katrina and gustav there was miles and miles of homes where there was just cement slabs there after the storm and there wasn't any storm surge to deal with there this was just from the winds . now if your closer to the coast then you have winds/tornadoes/and the storms surge to deal with. i have been in one tornadoe where it passed close enough to my old truck i had to get it bouncing and i mean it lifted the front tires off the ground but like i said it was gone just as fast as it came. here is some pictures of after katrina just click on the box and zoom in. gustave was worst than katrina. to bad they didn't take shots like that after gustav the only thing about gustav was it hit terrebone parrish and we are really a no name town .</p>

</p>

http://ngs.woc.noaa.gov/katrina/KATRINA0000.HTM</p>