RTV Updates

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A couple updates for us with older machines. I have this in a PDF document but it's a little over 500K. Neil - can I attach something this size?

Spark Arrestor.
Install the spark arrestor on the end of the muffler for units under serial number 19060.

Power steering cap. (up to SN 13184)

Check/re-torque muffler, replace if necessary (up to SN 16500).

Tighten Transmission Shift Linkage Nuts (up to SN 18100)

Check Steering Wheel Nut Torque (SN 15400-18196)

Replace Auxiliary Hydraulic Tank Cap (Applies only to RTV900W and some RTV900R units, as well as those equipped with V4242 auxiliary hydraulics.) - SN 10001 - 19060

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A couple updates for us with older machines. I have this in a PDF document but it's a little over 500K. Neil - can I attach something this size?

Spark Arrestor.
Install the spark arrestor on the end of the muffler for units under serial number 19060.

Power steering cap. (up to SN 13184)

Check/re-torque muffler, replace if necessary (up to SN 16500).

Tighten Transmission Shift Linkage Nuts (up to SN 18100)

Check Steering Wheel Nut Torque (SN 15400-18196)

Replace Auxiliary Hydraulic Tank Cap (Applies only to RTV900W and some RTV900R units, as well as those equipped with V4242 auxiliary hydraulics.) - SN 10001 - 19060

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Attached is more detail.

Well. Maybe not. Neil - got this message. Document is PDF. I'll e-mail you the attachment. Can you post it for me?</p>

Your post has been saved, but the attachment was not.
The administrator has denied uploads of certain file types and the file must have only one extension (filename.ext).

</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Attached is more detail.

Well. Maybe not. Neil - got this message. Document is PDF. I'll e-mail you the attachment. Can you post it for me?</p>

Your post has been saved, but the attachment was not.
The administrator has denied uploads of certain file types and the file must have only one extension (filename.ext).

</p>

G

PDF's are now okay for posting.

Attached is the Kubota PSB that BCZOOM sent me to post. If there is any issue with posting these directly to the web someone from Kubota let me know. Its sure alot easier than reading them and recreating the information.

G

PDF's are now okay for posting.

Attached is the Kubota PSB that BCZOOM sent me to post. If there is any issue with posting these directly to the web someone from Kubota let me know. Its sure alot easier than reading them and recreating the information.

Ricochet

Nice find...bczoom you must have some connections @ KTC or with a dealer! [;)]

Just some comments:
1. That white dot in the caps is POREX material (molded porous plastic)...basically a breather element.
2. I'm not sure where they are getting RTV900R for the aux. tank cap...it never came standard with a bed lift in that S/N range. However, soon all RTV900R's will come standard from the factory with a hydraulic bed lift.
3. The muffler torque sequence is important.
4. Spark arrestors are not really needed, unless you drive (or plan to drive) around on USFS land .
5. Linkage nuts...funny they have torque specs but they are not using a torque wrench in those photos. Those nuts have recently been changed to nylon lock nuts.

Ricochet

Nice find...bczoom you must have some connections @ KTC or with a dealer! [;)]

Just some comments:
1. That white dot in the caps is POREX material (molded porous plastic)...basically a breather element.
2. I'm not sure where they are getting RTV900R for the aux. tank cap...it never came standard with a bed lift in that S/N range. However, soon all RTV900R's will come standard from the factory with a hydraulic bed lift.
4. Spark arrestors are not really needed, unless you drive (or plan to drive) around on USFS land .
5. Linkage nuts...funny they have torque specs but they are not using a torque wrench in those photos. Those nuts have recently been changed to nylon lock nuts.

Ricochet

IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

BTW, don't forget about the recall:
http://www.kubota.com/f/aboutkubota/2004_recall_rtv.cfm

<span class="QText">PROBLEM:</span> The front hood of the RTV900 can become detached during operation striking the driver and/or passenger and causing serious personal injury.

This is actually a minor/rare situation in my opinion, but better safe than sorry I guess.

Ricochet

IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

BTW, don't forget about the recall:
http://www.kubota.com/f/aboutkubota/2004_recall_rtv.cfm

<span class="QText">PROBLEM:</span> The front hood of the RTV900 can become detached during operation striking the driver and/or passenger and causing serious personal injury.

This is actually a minor/rare situation in my opinion, but better safe than sorry I guess.

G

Re: IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

What is the deal? Was the hood actually breaking off?! Always seemed pretty secure to me.

G

What is the deal? Was the hood actually breaking off?! Always seemed pretty secure to me.

Ricochet

[quote user="MessickFarmEqu"]What is the deal? Was the hood actually breaking off?! Always seemed pretty secure to me. [/quote]

<div align="left"><pre class="source"><font size="2">Yeah, more or less...the adhesive bond could break loose
on the hood brackets causing the hood to come off.
The surface of the plastic for the brackets was not
primed/prepped correctlywhich is needed forproper
adhesion, so if done correctly they are nearly impossible
to break off...you would bend the metal brackets before
the adhesive bond would break loose.</font></pre></div>

Ricochet

[quote user="MessickFarmEqu"]What is the deal? Was the hood actually breaking off?! Always seemed pretty secure to me. [/quote]

<div align="left"><pre class="source"><font size="2">Yeah, more or less...the adhesive bond could break loose
on the hood brackets causing the hood to come off.
The surface of the plastic for the brackets was not
primed/prepped correctlywhich is needed forproper
adhesion, so if done correctly they are nearly impossible
to break off...you would bend the metal brackets before
the adhesive bond would break loose.</font></pre></div>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Jippy"]Nice find...bczoom you must have some connections @ KTC or with a dealer! /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

Just some comments:
5. Linkage nuts...funny they have torque specs but they are not using a torque wrench in those photos. Those nuts have recently been changed to nylon lock nuts.[/quote]

Thanks for the detail.

Dealer provided. Not picking on the guy since he hasn't sold many RTV's, but I believe he thinks/realizes I may know as much about the machine as he does. Not sure, but he implied that doing warrantee work is paid by their dealership and not reimbursed by Kubota. He gives me all the parts/instructions and lets me do all warrantee work myself.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Jippy"]Nice find...bczoom you must have some connections @ KTC or with a dealer! /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

Just some comments:
5. Linkage nuts...funny they have torque specs but they are not using a torque wrench in those photos. Those nuts have recently been changed to nylon lock nuts.[/quote]

Thanks for the detail.

Dealer provided. Not picking on the guy since he hasn't sold many RTV's, but I believe he thinks/realizes I may know as much about the machine as he does. Not sure, but he implied that doing warrantee work is paid by their dealership and not reimbursed by Kubota. He gives me all the parts/instructions and lets me do all warrantee work myself.

G

Kubota reimburses for less than what it actually costs to do the work, thats normal... most everyone does it. We usually get back about 60% of whats put into somthing. Now the question would be if he is claiminga labor reimbursmentfor the work that you are doing.

G

Kubota reimburses for less than what it actually costs to do the work, thats normal... most everyone does it. We usually get back about 60% of whats put into somthing. Now the question would be if he is claiminga labor reimbursmentfor the work that you are doing.