How to attach pictures to a post

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
When you're posting a new message, there's 6 tabs above the text box area.

By default, you're in the "Compose" tab.

To attach a picture, click on the "Options" tab.

Just below the tab name, it says "File Attachment" and "Add/Update".

Click on "Add/Update".

A new window opens and then specify whether you're going to upload or link from a URL. If uploading, click "Browse" and follow the path on your computer to the picture. In that window, click on your picture then click "Open"

It'll then go back to the window where you specified whether to upload or link from a URL. On that window, click "Save"

Your picture is now attached to the post.

DougK

Great info Too Guns. [H] I have found you need to make sure the saved file is of the correct pixel size or else it will be rather large.</P>

I have been posting the pics old school. [:p] </P>

img]http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9104/img0034qy4.jpg[/img] The first character, open bracket "[" is missing from the string so it can be displayed</P>

brings in the hosted picture from the free site I use and it looks like this</P>

img0034qy4.jpg
</P>

Onedraw back is if I delete the pic from the hosting site it is no longer viewable on this board.</P>

</P>

river

What is the max file size of a .jpg file that I can attach to a message? I tried to attach a 1,271,819 bytes jpg and the site complained and wouldn't do it. I know how to shrink/compress jpg's, but don't want to lose detail for members that might want to see the detail on a bolt. </p>

Suggestions?</p>

Doug</p>

</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I BUMPED THIS POST OF BCZOOMS' FOR SOME OF OUR NEW MEMBERS. IIT WOULD BE GOOD IF IT COULD STAY AT THE TOP LIKE IT USE TO. THANKS, BORDERCOLLIE</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
[quote user="bordercollie"]</p>

IIT WOULD BE GOOD IF IT COULD STAY AT THE TOP LIKE IT USE TO. THANKS, BORDERCOLLIE</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

It would also be good if I would receive my emails like I used to when a new post was summitted. Wish the program on the this forum would just do what it used to ~~~ new is not always better >>>>> Maybe they get some of it back soon !!!</p>

<span style="font-size: medium; color: #ff0000; font-family: JohnHancock;">~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</span></p>

</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i still get emails everytime someone post anything in here. the site works great please leave it along it's working for a change. lol and i know how to work it.j/k you must have your settings off twoguns . try messing with your settings.</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I'm bumping BCZoom's great picture posting info again. Hope it helps. Bordercollie</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i use imageshack it took me a while to get the hang of this computer stuff to . i have trouble opening a notebook but after i done it a few times it's easy. maybe one of us could make a video of how to do it. i would make a video but ya'll can't understand coonass. so maybe zoom man can make a vid....</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="tommy 20/69"]so maybe zoom man can make a vid....[/quote]</p>

I don't have a digital camcorder, yet.</p>

If you're putting the pictures on photoshack or some other picture hosting site, it's a little easier to insert the picture here.</p>

In the toolbar right above the area where you type in your post, there's a picture of a tree. You click on that and then you can enter the link to where your picture is kept.</p>

</p>

jik

Help, I got this message when I tried to post a picture. What do I do now. thank you JIK</p>
<div class="CommonValidationWarning">The maximum file size allowed is 1024kB. Please select a valid file.</div>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td colspan="3" class="CommonFormDescription">Choose whether you want to upload a file from your computer or link to an existing file. </td>
</tr>
<tr id="ctl00_bcr_AttachmentForm_ctl00_LocalLinkArea">
<td class="CommonFormField"><input name="ctl00$bcr$AttachmentForm$ctl00$UploadOption" value="UploadFile" type="radio" id="ctl00_bcr_AttachmentForm_ctl00_UploadFile" /> </td>
<td>
<div class="CommonFormFieldName">Upload File </div>
<div class="CommonFormFieldDescription">Select a file to upload. </div>
</td>
<td class="CommonFormField"><input name="ctl00$bcr$AttachmentForm$ctl00$File" type="file" id="ctl00_bcr_AttachmentForm_ctl00_File" /></td>
</tr>
<tr id="ctl00_bcr_AttachmentForm_ctl00_RemoteLinkArea">
<td class="CommonFormField"><input name="ctl00$bcr$AttachmentForm$ctl00$UploadOption" value="LinkToUrl" type="radio" id="ctl00_bcr_AttachmentForm_ctl00_LinkToUrl" /> </td>
<td>
<div class="CommonFormFieldName">Link to URL </div>
<div class="CommonFormFieldDescription">Enter the URL where an existing file resides</div>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I use the free Picasa to handle my pictures. When you click the export button it lets you resize pictures. Then I export them to my hard drive and can email etc from there. I will try to post a test picture at 800 pixels according to Picasa. Bordercollie</p>