Is this an off market?</p>

Where do they sell them?</p>

Anyone know anything about them?</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

muleman2

I don't know how to link to a previous thread but you can search(upper right corner with the magnifier) and put in 3pt hitch and find some links to manufacturers.</p>

KubotaJack

Muleman2:</p>

Sorry, don't know what you mean by " search ( upper right corner with the magnifier) and put in 3 pt hitch". Like in Google?? or another sight?</p>

</p>

Jack</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Koplin makes a three-pt. hitchs, one might would want to take a look at them !!!!</p>

Called ..... Dirtworks</p>

</p>

>>>>>> two guns </p>

KubotaJack

Thanks, you can tell I am new to the stuff.</p>

Just got the Kubota 900 last year.</p>

I went on the Koplin website and it mentions that the 3 pt hitch is a "0" category. Does that limit you to the non standard implements? Would they have to be smaller in weight. Assuming that the category "1" have a bigger pin and are made bigger?</p>

Jack</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I really don't know what that means to Koplin, but I wouldfind a customerservice number and call and find out what I needed to know BEFORE I purchased one. </p>

>>>>>>>>>>> two guns <<<<<<<</p>

muleman2

Kubota jack: When you open a thread it's name will be in BIG TEXT on the left side mid page. Go straight accross and you will see an oval space about 2 inch long with a magnifying glass in it. Type in your search and click on the magnifying glass to search for your text. Most of the 3pt cat 0 stuff is for small tractors like Kubota or Yanmar. My Satoh beaver is cat 0. You can use cat 1 by changing the pins but most cat 1 stuff is bigger in size. I have not seen any with a lift feature for the rtv. I know my rtv is light in the front with a load in the bed on hills. Anything you extend beyond the machine has more leverage to lift the front off the ground. Might want to check into horse drawn implements as these only require a pull to work. There are also a variety of ATV style products for pulling behind. I will see what links I have on the old computer.</p>

KubotaJack

Found what I think I need.</p>

Website is: Forestry-supplers.com/product_pages/View_Catalog_Page.asp?mi=8362</p>

Has a 3 pt hitch that fits into a 2 inch receiver. Vertical lift 15". </p>

Talked to a person in tech support, Graham, at 800-430-5566. Very helpful. My concerns are the amount of wt I can put on the 2 in tung. Probably limited to 200 pounds. And the heft of category "0" implements. I want t box blade with teeth to rough up and smooth a rutted dirt road.</p>

</p>

Jack</p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Kubota Jack:</p>

Welcome to the forum.</p>

I have several 3 point attach implements ( blade - landscape rake - dirt scoop) for farm tractors but amsure they are too heavy for an RTV. As muleman writes, the weight alone, especially when raisedwould cause an unbalance in the machine. Therefore not goodfrom purely a safety factor. ( I have unintentiaonallyraised the front end of a 340 International tractor with a 7 foot blade on behind. As you can imagine,that was not a good feeling. You haveheard of the "pucker factor".) Snow blades, salt spreaders, sprayersand self-powered snow blowers have been discussed on the forum. Folks have had good results with them. </p>

However, I would be interestedto hear what others might have 'enguneered' to drag and lifta landscape rake towed behind their RTV's.</p>

Keifer, a RTV wannabe</p>

welcome kubota Jack</p>

Cat 0 hitches are very light duty usually found on garden tractors. My Kubota B1700 has a Cat 1 and tractors up to about the 50hp range are usually are Cat 1 equipped. The big boys get Cat 2 and Cat 3 . BTW the tongue weight on the rear hitch is 110 lb.</p>

KubotaJack

Yes, I am finding that out. My Kubota rtv 900 has 21 horse. Which is on the border of Cat "0" and Cat"1" 3 pt hitches.</p>

At Antique Tractors.comI found a chart that mentionedthat Cat "0" was HP of up to 20, Cat "1" 20 to 45 HP, Cat "2" 55 to 90 HP and Cat "3" 95HP and above. </p>

Plus the rec'd weight as you mention is 110# on the tongue of the 2" receiver. Forestry-Suppliers.com does have a 3 pt hitch that fits the 2" reciever and has a vertical lift of 15". It is set up for Cat " 0" attachments. They also offer a tow behind set of wheels that can support the 3pt hitch ( pretty neat ) and then the 18" tires can support the weight of the attachment. As the 2 " receiver only tows the hitch and the attachment.</p>

www.forestry-supplier.com/product_pages/View/Catalog_Page.asp?mi=8362</p>

My concern is the "guts" of the implements as I wanted a box blade WITH teeth, not just a scrapper.</p>

Jack</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Jack,</p>

Welcome to the forum.</p>

I tried the link but it didn't work.</p>

Now, although I'm not seeing the product you're looking at, I just to throw out a little caution, Just because they "make" things for ATV's and UTV's doesn't mean they're very good and will work anywhere close to the same tool on a tractor.</p>

A half-way decent box blade weighs about 100# per foot of width. Without the scarafire teeth down, just dragging it takes a bit of power and traction. Moreso as the box fills with extra fill. I have a 4WD tractor that I can pretty much bring to a stop if that box fills. If you put the scarafire teeth down, that's going to be one heck of a towing load.</p>

I don't know exactly what you're up against in this project but it almost sounds like a tow-behind York rake may be the proper tool for the job. Here's just an example I found using a google search. (Skip the first 40 seconds as it's a commercial). </p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiyFsQUSuBQ</p>

I've taken rakes like these and put cinder blocks on for extra digging <span style="text-decoration: underline;">when needed</span>. I've had no problems making a stone driveway smooth (and fill in potholes) as well as cleaning all the debris out of and grading dirt.</p>

</p>

KubotaJack

I'm up against about a mile of *&^% road, that gets all rutted in the fall and spring that I now have to drive on to get back to our cottage.</p>

Last year I had a dozer do some work and brought in 11 20 yard loads of item #4.</p>

But there are spots that are all rutted and I have to get level. So I was hoping I could do it my self. Rather spend the $$$ on equipment if </p>

my 21 hp Kubota 900 rtv has the guts to do the job, and not ruin it. </p>

It is my BABY. </p>

I might be biting off more than I have equipment to handle. In a couple of years I want to get a John Deer, or Kubota tractor with some more hp to bush hog and drag the road and use the Kubota 900 for other things.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Onfoot

Also want to welcome Jack to the forum, which I have been following with some interest. The ATV/UTV 3 pt hitch products referred to are made by Kolpin Dirtworks. You can Google them and find lots of suppliers and information. But my experience moving dirt with my old Champion grader would lead me to agree strongly with BCZoom--I think you would very quickly be moving past the design parameters of the RTV. The main reason I now have an RTV900 is because I fried an Arctic Cat Prowler UTV using it to manage snow plowing on my property--operating beyond what the Prowler was obviously built to do--have fun and do a bit of work. (I was using it to work and have a bit of fun.)</p>

But having sold my Champion roadgrader, I am also wondering how I can do a bit of maintanence on my 1.5 mile driveway--smoothing out the gravel and dirt after the spring thaw and mud ruts. It sounds like the York rake might be the ticket for me. So thanks to Zoom for the advice!</p>

Onfoot

Check out this website, Kubota Jack: http://www.yorkmodern.com/catalog/york-rakes-c-21.html</p>

I am facing similar issues each spring and this looks like it might be a workable solution.</p>

KubotaJack

Onfoot:</p>

You are right about Kolpin DirtWorks, but check out WWW.forestry -suppliers.com/product_pages/View_Catalog_Page.asp?mi=8362.</p>

I talked to a Graham in TechSupport that really know their products. The 3 pt hitch lookedgood. </p>

Howdo you like your900?</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Jack,</p>

What DirtWorks components are you thinking of getting?</p>

If anyone decides to take the route of the York Rake, below is a picture of a little something that my Dad made which comes in very handy.</p>

OK, left-to-right it's a tongue (where you connect your tow vehicle), to a boxed frame, with an axle/tires underneath and a hitch off the back for your implement.</p>

When you are using a York rake or other angled implement that is mounted off a single point on the back of the towing vehicle, it could snag on something or hop over a rock or other obstruction. When the implement hops or whatever, the side nearest the tow vehicle can swing and smash into your ATV/UTV/tractor. I hate when that happens... What this does it puts space between you and the implement. If it hops, it can't reach your vehicle. The box is made to hold a few cinder blocks to keep it down and from hopping as well.</p>

As pictured, it makes a nice tongue extension for those implements with very short tongues. As pictured, it's my spike aerator. With this "thingy" inbetween, I can pull the aerator with my ZTR and not worry about catching spikes in my rear tires if I turn too sharp.</p>

</p>

KubotaJack

Great picture, by the way. Where is that?</p>

Sounds like you and I have the same issues with your road as I do with mine.</p>

Looked at the York rake website, I would not know which to choose. Some look to light, and some too heavy for the 900.</p>

One was built for towing behind a pickup that looked good too.</p>

</p>

KubotaJack

Looking atDirtWorkscomponents at Forestry-suppliers.com.Lookingat : the ATV 3 pt hitch,and the 3 point trailer. Same idea as you havewith your home made item.</p>

What is neat about this is that the "trailer" has wheels that hold the 3 pt hitch and thus the weight of the attachment. Inthis case a rake or box blade. The the rtv 900 does not have the weight of it on the 2" receiver. And like you said it puts the attachment further back, away from the back of the dump box of the 900. </p>