Kubota 900 rtv 3 pt hitch

Onfoot

I did look at the Forestry Supplier's website. It was there that I learned about Kolpin Dirtworks. The Kolpin products look good, but again, after my experience with my AC Prowler, I would want to talk to some folks who had been using the implements in an application similar to my own. When I bought the Prowler the dealer was adamant that it would stand up to my work. He meant well, I am sure, but he was wrong and I am the one who pays for his error in judgement.</p>

Re. how I like my RTV900, all I can say is 'so far, so good'! I love the machine, but have only had it out for snowblowing to date. Looking forward to getting into the woods with it once a bit more of our snow has melted--by July at least! :) But it is, as we say in the Yukon, a 'skookum' machine--meaning very well-built for work, esp. when compared to the Prowler. I have posted pictures of it blowing snow in an earlier thread. Very impressive performance in that app, for sure.</p>

KubotaJack

What attachment do you use to haveyour RTV900 "blowing snow"?</p>

How has it started in the winter in the Yukon. What temps has it started in?? </p>

I started mine to keep the battery charged at our cottage on Lake Ontario during the winter, but thats all. </p>

Onfoot

The snowblower is a 60" wide, two-stage Bercomac with a 31HP Briggs and Stratton gas engine powering it. I bought the blower from Jim's Tractors in MN. He has since posted my photo on his website with a link (if you click on the photo) to a You Tube video that my son made. You can check it out at:</p>

http://www.jimsrepairjimstractors.com/utility-vehicle-snow-blower.htm</p>

I am extremely satisfied with the snowblower! With regard to the RTV900 in cold weather, I have also been really pleased. I have started it in -25F temps with no difficulties at all. Mind you, I have a battery blanket and two heating pads--one on the tranny and one on the oilpan. When it is less than about 10F I will plug it in for an hour or so before starting. It has been much easier to start and much happier in cold weather than was the Prowler with its gasoline engine (which also had a block heater). We can get cold down to -60F, but I don't like to run machinery when it's below -40F. Too hard on the gear.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="KubotaJack"]</p>

Great picture, by the way. Where is that?</p>

Sounds like you and I have the same issues with your road as I do with mine.</p>

Looked at the York rake website, I would not know which to choose. Some look to light, and some too heavy for the 900.</p>

One was built for towing behind a pickup that looked good too.[/quote]</p>

Not sure if your questions are directed towards me but I'll give replies.</p>

I'm in W. PA (north of Pittsburgh). Born and raised in the NY "snow belt", on Lake Erie, south of Buffalo.</p>

If you have the change to "kick the tires" on a York Rake, you may be able to pick out the best for you. If you can't "kick the tires", I'd probably recommend something around 72". It'll weigh enough, but not too much. It'll be wider than the RTV when straight, but close to the width if angled. What I hate is a vehicle that's a lot wider than the implement.</p>

If you buy the "York Rake" brand, I'll bet you can use it for years and it'll still be worth what you paid for it. Their depreciation is minimal and normally matches inflation. Basically, it's like a Ford 8N... whatever you pay for it is what you'll be able to sell it for years later.</p>

</p>

</p>

Onfoot

Funny you should mention a Ford 8N, Zoom. I happen to have one which I keep saying I am going to restore. It does run, but needs some TLC to get it to work again. Maybe this year...</p>

aka ez chair

Cat"0" is up to 20 PTO horsepower. PTO horsepower is aprox 80% engine horsepower. 21 horsepower is 17 PTO. Cat 1 is to big and heavy for RTV.I use a chain link leveling harrow 6' by 8' from Tractor Supply. Works great with RTV on my gravel road. Price is great too!</p>

Onfoot

Quite the rig! Gives some useful ideas for my own road-smoothing needs. Thanks for sharing and posting the photos.<br _moz_editor_bogus_node="TRUE" /></p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Zen:</p>

Thanks for sharing your ideas and your pictures. Quite the setup for smoothing dirt/gravel roadways.</p>

Keifer, a RTV wannabe</p>

KubotaJack

Zenchal26:</p>

I can't open that website, as our system blocks at the fire wall.</p>

What kind of a road? </p>

Thanks for responding:</p>

Jack</p>

</p>

</p>