GRADER BLADE

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Purchased a grader blade, along with a Sleeve Hitch.....</p>

Have afabricator, who is making some adjustments on the hitchso I can attach to the back of the RTV ....</p>

I will be able to use the grader blade, throw it at aangle from the hitch and the blade angle itself. Also, will be able to pickit up and lock, to run at " no use " stage. Also, will be able to use a harrow or cutting plow if I wish ....</p>

Blade is 42" >>>> I'll try to attach pics of some that I found like them, I will get the actual pics when the blade & hitch comes back from the fabricator's machine shop >>>>>></p>

Us folks down here don't get snow, so I figured I would throw some mud around !!!!! </p>

</p>

...... jamie</p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I can't wait for the items to come in from the machine shop also ....</p>

The licence plate, that is attached to a 1975 Chevrolet Cheyenne, 3/4 ton pick-up truck .... All original ~~~</p>

Has the 454Red Label Big Block Engine ...and yes, gas was very cheap when this truck was produced.</p>

It's so sad, they don't make them like that anymore...... The big selling point back when the truck was purchased, was Chevrolet was pushing the slogan of : THE FARM HAND, The new Cheyenne C-20 Workhorse ~~~ </p>

That sold me on that truck, and they didn't tell a lie, it was a workhorse, and still is after all these years !!!!</p>

>>>>>>>>>>> jamie </p>

</p>

muleman2

I had a 78 c-20 camper special. Man that truck could haul. Main reason I bought a 3500 series 4wd in 98. Both good trucks for what I put them through. Still liked my old 65 chevy stepside best.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What kind of wake will the blade make (or is that a question for Tommy)?</p>

42" isn't very wide. What are your plans for it? It's going to run between your tires and not cover your tracks.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
The reason for it beingsmaller, is so I can grade thehigh trails in the swamps.During the summer months, I can clean them up where I have run all winter and have cutit up.I really don't want to go no wider than the RTV can go. Another thing is, these swamps hascypress knees, and wanted to get where I would not have any trouble going threw them.Weight etc .... there are several reasons forwanting it to be 40-45 inches. Also, the hitch is being fabricated so I can swing, and lock, when wanted, the blade left or right, so it will not be running in the RTV tracks andbetween the tires ..... and can also be set for right behind the RTV ......It's going to be a nice set-up.</p>

Nope, Tommy's not working on this one, my local fabricator who builds my sign frames and builds things for the farm is taking this job on. Shippingviafrieght truck,would cost more than the fabrication...... But, I have no doubt that Tommy do this, or do a better job at fabricating this project .......</p>

>>>>>>>>>>>> jamie</p>

</p>

Hmmm!</p>

This has got me thinking.I can see how that swing thing would work. Maybe I could come up with a version that could work in my snow plowing activity. With the front blade i would have to pull up to garage doors, drop the blade and back-blade the snow away from the door.</p>

With a variation on your contraption I could back up to door, drop both blades and and pull the snow away from the door and push whats in front down the driveway at the same time. Make sure you update with pics when done.</p>

Hmmmm! eh!</p>

Neighbours got a 78 GMC 4 bye..all original with 350, just the paint is starting to oxidize a bit. Sits in his storage all winter along with his 33 Chevy and 34 Dodge. The Chevy or Dodge makes it to YORK PAevery June.</p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
</p>

DamnTommy, what are ya'll coonass' drinking down there.</p>

Don't send nothing this way !!!! Your surprise mightbe a pair of coonass Thongs >>>> </p>

Tommy, ya'll boys at the bar don't drop no live crawdads in your lap, business might pick up >>>>></p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Tommy's fab shop is gettin' me worried, I'm not 2000 miles away, I'm in the same state !!!</p>

Hope he doesn't decide to expand~~~~~~must be in the road kills down there >>>>></p>

</p>

</p>

Tommy,,,,</p>

Why is everybody always picking on you?????????</p>

(i think that is also a name of long ago song)</p>

Rusty,,,</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
The song was called " Charlie Brown " by the Coasters>>> Think it was around 1959</p>

</p>

Two Guns,</p>

Those were the days. Walk home from school, get the 22 and go hunt for some squirrels..........Bordercollie should have been around then and cooked a pot of squirrel stew.............When my father came home from work, we would get the black and tan and go hunting for rabbits.........On the weekend the black and tan was used for fox. Sometimes we would get a treat and stay out all night and listen to the dog chase the fox and coon by the open fire..........In the morning the dog would be asleep beside us eager for another hunt.........</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,,</p>

muleman2

Rusty, I hear you about hunting after school. We had about a mile long lane and I would hide the old 12 ga. single shot and a box of shells in an old spring house so I could hunt my way back to the house. My sister would carry my books up to the house as long as I let her hunt with me on saturdays. They were good times we will never see again. When my dad left we lived on squirrel and rabbit and anything else you could catch. Lots of fishing even though the lake was an eight mile bike ride we did not care. We would get the old guy that drove our bus to drop us at the lake, skip school and have a ball.</p>