Sprayer Electric Connection for RTV?

JohnRussell

I finally found a sprayer that fits my needs, but the 12v connection to the RTV battery/electrical system is a mystery. The sprayer ( https://www.enviroquipinc.com/product_versions.aspx?categoryID=23&productID=416 ) came with battery clips and a toggle switch. Somehow I can't see attaching the battery clips directly to the battery and then trying to drive over rough terrain --- so there must be a more common solution to making the electric connection from the sprayer motor to the RTV electric system. I did see there are a couple of unused fuse connections in the fuse box, but otherwise how do you make the connection?</p>

Thanks</p>

JR</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
We useFimco sprayers, and new, they come with with battery clipS, we cut them off, andinstall a heavy duty cigarette male end, and plug it up to the four-wheelers and the RTV'Saux/ cigfemaleplug spot >>>>>>> fits like socks on a rooster !!!!</p>

NEVER NO PROBLEMS !!!!</p>

</p>

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Two Guns </p>

Onfoot

Now that is a clever solution! So simple--Two Guns, you are brilliant! (Do you put a fuse connection in the circuit? Might make sense to do so.)</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
OH GOD YES, </p>

WE PUT IN-LINE FUSES ON EVERYTHING , THAT KEEPS EVERYTHING ON THE SAFE SIDE !!!!
</p>

>>>>>>>> two guns </p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Two Guns is right . When using my 12 volt sprayer that I use for Fence line spraying of Round Up a plug is a must. Be Sure and put some extra fuses on the RTV in case you have one blow. I keep my extra fuses in a small pill bottle in the tool box. I once had a short and no extra fuses I lost a hr and was in the middle of nowhere when it happened ....talk about a royal pain..but never again. Bordercollie</p>

JohnRussell

Bought a cigarette plug and wired it up and it works fine. There was already an inline fuse so I did not have to worry about that. Thanks!</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Knowing that I'd need electric in the rear for a few different things (sprayer, salt spreader...), I put in a "quick disconnect" at the rear of the RTV. See the top right corner of the pic, red/black wire. It's wired into a switch (and fuse) in the passenger compartment.</p>

I then put the compatable connector on each of the things I want to run off the back. Since I'm not using a sprayer or spreader most days, by default, I have a light that shines in the rear of the RTV (pictured, center left). That light assists in backing up or connecting trailers at night.</p>

BTW, while I'm thinking of it... If you opt for a light similar to mine, make sure it's offset so that when you tilt the bed, the light doesn't hit the hyd tank or the RTV's suspension.</p>

</p>

</p>

JohnRussell

This was my first thought, something like this and I think I will still do it so that there is the option for a light, etc.... I looked for some quick disconnects at Radio Shack, but could not find them. Did you get yours at an auto store or somewhere else?</p>

Now the issue is making sure my sprayer is secure in the back of the RTV. Any ideas of how to do that? The default plan is to use some webbing and attach that to the frame of the sprayer and then to the roll bar on the RTV. </p>

Thanks</p>

JR</p>

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I go along with the quick disconnects at the rear for accessories; but using a cigarette lighter socket, for me was not the way to go.</p>

Got a waterproof terminal box for connections and fuses, 6 circuits, and mounted it next to the factory fuse box. The hot wire from this goes down to the battery on a fused larger guage wire. </p>

I believe in having switches to instantly turn things on or off instead of having to fool with a plug, so I made a panel that is mounted directly above the driver on the roll bar using the bolts in the u bracket. In this panel I ran the circuits to lighted switches to control the various electrical devices. Overhead driving lights on one fused circuit and switch, rear work light on another fused circuit and switch, rear accessory plugs on another fused circuit and switch, and then another switch for interior cab stuff. All of this is running through the split plastic conduit held with wire ties. </p>

The lighted switches are really worth having in order to visually see what happens to be turned on. Or as a quick reminder for folks to turn them off. What I really like when running the sprayer or fert spreader at the rear is to be able to turn it on or off when I get to the end of a row or need to INSTANTLY do something........</p>

Anyway, works for me.........Dennis</p>

</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dennis - I had neglected to note in my post that I do have a switch in the passenger compartment. You do NOT have to plug/unplug at the quick connect for turning on/off a device. Just flick the switch at the drivers seat.</p>

John - I believe I did get them at an auto parts store. Most of the chain stores should have them. My sprayer is a tow-behind so I don't have specific knowledge on carrying in the bed but I'd probably use a ratchet strap instead of webbing.</p>

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Mr. BC.........I already assumed that you had the switch; but as it was left out, was just tryin to affirm that using a switch isso much better than a cumbersome socket..............Reachin up overhead with one finger is so much better when in a hurry to turn off that switch, rather than tryin to get that plug disconnected and then yankin on the wire cause you are in a hurry...........Dennis</p>