Need to find :

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Need to find :

Ya'll members from up north, need some help !!! There is a motorcyle shop up there, I purchased OEMHonda parts from a couple ofyears ago. It's some sort of big powersports place. Just cannot remember the name.Imagine there are zillions of these houses up there, But thisone was called, Zandeeni, Zonbenllis,Zonbellies, Zandella,something like that.It sounded like some Italian name, are any of youmightknowthis place.Sure would help >>>></p>

What it is, looking for some mufflers for a 1979 GL Goldwing (Honda) for a friend. He wants them new, and at one time these folks had them, at something like 250.00 cheaper than anybody else. </p>

Any and all help will be appreciated !!!!</p>

~~~~~~~ jamie </p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Re: Need to find :

Jamie:</p>

Another possible source.... JC Whitney. </p>

Besides auto parts, they carry all sorts of accessories for most major brand bikes. My brother buys windscreens for his rice burner... err Goldwing. They don't last as long as major brands but as cheap as they are he just keeps replacing them. </p>

Keifer, a RTV wannabe</p>

Onfoot

Sorry Jamie! I'm way too far North to know anything about motorcycles! (Actually, Harleys are popular here---but very limited window of safe riding!)</p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter

<div class="fn org">Zanotti Motor Company, Inc.</div>
<div class="street-address">170 Pittsburgh Rd</div>

<span class="locality">Butler</span>,
<span class="region">PA</span>
<span class="postal-code">16001-3299</span></p>
<div class="tel">(724)283-2777</div>
<div class="internetManager">Internet Manager: Andrew Zanotti</div>
<div class="internetManager">I think this is the place you are talking about. Bill
</div>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

[quote user="muleman"]</p>
<div class="fn org">Zanotti Motor Company, Inc.</div>
<div class="street-address">170 Pittsburgh Rd</div>

<span class="locality">Butler</span>, <span class="region">PA</span> <span class="postal-code">16001-3299</span></p>
<div class="tel">(724)283-2777</div>
<div class="internetManager">Internet Manager: Andrew Zanotti</div>
<div class="internetManager">I think this is the place you are talking about. Bill
</div>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

Muleman,</p>

Thank You Very Much !!!! I owe You !!!</p>

This is just about drove me crazy trying to find these folks !!!!</p>

AGAIN, I THANK YOU ~~~~~~~~~~</p>

jamie (two guns)</p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter

It is tough to remember stuff as we get older. Can you tell me where my big pipe wrench is?</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

[quote user="muleman"]</p>

It is tough to remember stuff as we get older. Can you tell me where my big pipe wrench is?</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

My guess would be, ~~~~~~~ right were you last used it ? Wish I could help on that !!!!!</p>

Older, Two Guns is not that old ~~~~~ </p>

>>>>>>>>>>>> jamie </p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter

Muleman, Ha ha, I know what you mean. My pliers are always moving around on me.. now even my chain saw is , I'm trying make mental images of stuff when I lay it down and it does help. Also , if I am pre occupied I am prone to lose stuff..... Bordercollie</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

Have you ever walked out into a big parking lot, and go blank??? Or,have afriendcome bye& pick you up, andya'll end upsomewhere else. And youfeel like it's time to leave, so you tell everyone " goodbye" and you walk out the door, justto walk back in and tell yourfriend that he has bring you back, foryou rode with him >>>> he looks at you like " no sh** "</p>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jamie </p>

Muleman,</p>

I think it is with my big pipe wrench having a party............LMAO........I finished making a Oak Night Stand tonight and misplaced my tape measure......It was in the top drawer of my tool box, right where it should be............WHO PUT IT THERE?????????</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,</p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter

Rusty: You mean you don't have 17 tape measures? Last spring I got on an organizing kick in my building. After sorting through several pickup loads of boxes from 2 moves in 3 years I found that many good ones. Then came nuts and bolts and screws. Plumbing,electrical and tools for each. After about a month I had more tools than I could fit in all the tool boxes I own. I filled 3/4 of a five gallon bucket with just extra sockets. After buying a few more socket strips and arranging them all I still gave my one boy almost a complete set of 1/4,3/8 and 1/2 drive sockets. Gave all the rest to a neighbor guy who helps me out at times. I found 4 torches and 23 bottle of propane and mapp gas along with 6 tubing cutters from 1/2"imp to 3". Have 9 pipe wrenches from a mini to a 6" chain strap one(which I can't find). I am working on a workbench with a pegboard wall to hold all the hammers and squares.(23 hammers and 8 squares at last count). I must say It makes it a lot easier to get things done when tools are orderly and arranged. I have been using up a lot of stuff I have found doing wifey projects around the house.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

I'm with the rest of you that have too many tools. At present, with the exception of 1 large magnet, AFAIK, they're all present or accounted for.</p>

I have several of those upright chests. I try to keep the regular tools properly organized in there so I can tell if something is missing. BTW, Sears is having a nice sale on those upright chests right now. I think it was around 50% off.</p>

Bill - Your 6" chain strap wrench is in with the oil filters. Remember that oil filter you couldn't get off with a regular filter wrench? You ended up using the chain wrench instead. Too bad you don't live closer. I have a nice pile of pegboard I don't think I'll be using...</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

PS. Jamie - If you need something from Zanotti's, I do get over to Butler now and then. Actually, I was there twice this week but that's quite rare (we had to take Mrs. Zoom's Honda to the shop and return the next day to pick it up).</p>

</p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter

Guess what? I found it after about 2 years,right where I used it to twist a 4x4 in the wifes tack room. Got leaned in the corner and she put saddle racks and other things in front of it. Brian, it is a little large for an oil filter but I did use it years ago to wrap around a harmonic balancer and break an engine loose that had not turned in about 15 years. The handle is 58 inches long and it will wrap around an 8 inch pipe. The handle is forged steel and pretty tough. I used it to break open a 6" bung on the fire dept. tanker a few years back.</p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter

Here is a pic of my workbench in progress. There are at least 7 hammers I know of that are not hanging there as well as 4 squares that are in the basement at the moment. The wife thinks my 4ft. T square is made for cutting fabric don't you know!</p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter

These are some of the shelves(13 ft tall) and stuff I have been sorting. The old carousel is from a hardwade store and it is filled with bolts,washers,nuts etc. My neighbor says I have more bolts and nuts than the local hardware does. When I was thinking of selling after my heart troubles the auctioneer was amazed. He told me he would bring along folding chairs and setup right in the building (40x80) and need at least a half day to sell it all before he got to the farm machinery. This is after I got rid of about 240 lbs. of scrap bolts and nail that were rusted. Still have over 300 lbs.of nails of all sizes. I don't go out for much except lumber and sheet rock.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

[quote user="muleman"]These are some of the shelves(13 ft tall) </p>
<div style="clear: both;"></div>

[/quote]</p>

Damn, you have long arms... I can reach about 8-9'...</p>

[quote user="muleman"]I don't go out for much except
lumber and sheet rock.[/quote]</p>

Slacker... You don't store lumber and drywall?!?!? I feel naked if I don't have at least 40 2x4's and 60 sheets of OSB sitting around.</p>

</p>

</p>

Onfoot

I'm too embarrassed to post pics of my garage/barn/shop distribution of tools! But one of the more useful applications for the RTV is going back and forth between one building and another when I am trying to remember where particular tools are--and no matter how carefully I plan ahead, the essential tool will be forgotten after I have arrived at wherever I happen to be working on the property... And then there is the son's borrowing to take into account--the time I run into the shop to grab something and discover that my son borrowed it a month ago and 'forgot' to return it. I don't suppose any of you guys have that kind of problem?</p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter

[quote user="bczoom"]</p>

</p>

Slacker... You don't store lumber and drywall?!?!? I feel naked if I don't have at least 40 2x4's and 60 sheets of OSB sitting around.</p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote] </p>

</p>

I only store 12 and 16 ft. lumber for bracing and forms.</p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter

[quote user="bczoom"]Damn, you have long arms... I can reach about 8-9'..[/quote]</p>

I have a 36,32.28 and 2 sixteen ft. extension ladders. A 4ft.,3 six ft. a 7 ft. and 2 ten ft. stepladders. I use a large skid and the forks on the gehl skidsteer to put heavy stuff up in the rafters.</p>