TYM - Here we go again

A_Acres

For those who read the last thread I posted, our TYM233 was back at the dealer....again... to try and fix our dash as none of our gages were working (Nor had they been since the tractor arrived a month ago).

Well, knock on wood, a new alternator has now fixed that problem.

We are up to 23-ish hours on it now, took it out this moring, and the joystick for the front end loader is now "broke" - UNBELIEVABLE :furious:
And of course, with the holiday, we cannot get ahold of the dealer or anyone at TYM headquarters.

Anyone have any issue like this on their TYM?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Never owned a TYM. Only heard good stuff about them though. Sorry to here of yet another issue with yours. To bad you missed seat time from a long holiday weekend.

A_Acres

We only heard good things too ... which is why this is so disappointing :( I will say I was calling other dealers to see if anyone would answer the phone and possibly help us. Someone did and they were very nice, tried to help and even called back with some other thoughts later in the day.

shvl73

Well that stinks :unhappy:!
My Mahindra 2810 is a TYM machine, I've got over 900 hours on it. Seems strange about the alternator fixing the dash. My alternator failed at around 500 hours. The tach runs off of it and that's about it. I believe everything else runs off the battery. It must be a different set up. What broke on the loader valve? Did the joystick actually snap?

A_Acres

If you try to move the joystick to the upper right side, it is stuck there; almost as if the "ball joint" manuevering that direction is stuck in place - so now the loader is down and we can't get it to move at all...........

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You sure can't take it to the dealer if it's stuck down. Is your dealer close by where they can come out and take a look?

A_Acres

We could; they are about a 2.5 hour drive from us and they just came and picked up the tractor last week to fix the dash problem!

My biggest concern at this point is that we are on a time crunch as we have to spray our orchard weekly; if we miss one spray, it could cost us the whole crop of apples :( And if we have no tractor to run the sprayer, then we have a big problem!

I did get a return call from TYM corporate and will be giving them a call back on my lunch break.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If this is not something they can fix on site it seems reasonable under these circumstances to request a loaner while the work is being done on yours. They could bring it with them and pick it up when they return yours.

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Worst case I would see if there is a rental tractor available in your area so as to not miss your weekly spraying. I know of at least three within ten miles of me that have compact tractors, ranging in size from a Kubota BX to a JD 110.

Good luck

Fred

Erik

Well that stinks :unhappy:!
My Mahindra 2810 is a TYM machine, I've got over 900 hours on it. Seems strange about the alternator fixing the dash. My alternator failed at around 500 hours. The tach runs off of it and that's about it. I believe everything else runs off the battery. It must be a different set up. What broke on the loader valve? Did the joystick actually snap?

I'm not encouraged here.
My tractor refused to start Saturday evening -- which wouldn't have been a big problem it it wasn't holding a 32' truss 7' off the ground when it crashed.
Alternator was my first thought as well, since it had been working fine an hour earlier.
Tried to jump start it yesterday and no luck, so today I will go out and purchase a battery charger.

William Lindsey

If you try to move the joystick to the upper right side, it is stuck there; almost as if the "ball joint" manuevering that direction is stuck in place - so now the loader is down and we can't get it to move at all...........

are you sure it's not just in the float mode? i was just at the dealer in higgensvill mo talking to them and he showed me how it feels like it would be stuck but just in the float mode.try pushing straight down on the joystick then pulling back as if you were trying to raise the loader. hopefully that helps..
btw i just bought a T503 with cab and loader will be delivered tomorrow