EX45 HST Parking Brake failing

muppett

I find the parking brake hard to apply so that the brakes stay on. What I need to do, is gently pull up the orange brake lever, then press the pedals hard till I feel the two clicks on the orange brake lever. If I press the brake pedal first, then pull up the orange brake lever, the brakes do not engage.

More importantly, even when I get the second click, sometimes the tractor still rolls, very very slowly. Advice to an Australian please (I used to own a 25hp Kubota with HST

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Muppet and welcome to Net Tractor Talk.
We have an active Kioti crowd here and I'm sure they will be around to share their experience with the parking brake on their tractors.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

XCAT

I find the parking brake hard to apply so that the brakes stay on. What I need to do, is gently pull up the orange brake lever, then press the pedals hard till I feel the two clicks on the orange brake lever. If I press the brake pedal first, then pull up the orange brake lever, the brakes do not engage.

More importantly, even when I get the second click, sometimes the tractor still rolls, very very slowly. Advice to an Australian please (I used to own a 25hp Kubota with HST

HI MUPPETT,
i have a EX50 manual and the hand brake works very well here in the hills of the dandenong rangers, i would say that it either needs to bed in ( if the tractor is still new) or needs adjusting, need to make sure that lhs and rhs brakes are adjusted to the same height.
cheers
xcat