Insurance

G

I checked on insurance, my motorcycle insurance company (Progressive direct), will not cover the RTV. They will cover a mule.

Any ideas?

coobie

My insurance company (citizens) covers my 2006 RTV for $91 dollars a year.My 2002 3010 Kaw. mule was around $65 bucks a year from the same company.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Did they give you a reason for not covering the RTV (although they'll cover a Mule)?

I have several ins. companies so I don't recall whom I have for the RTV but do recall it was a bugger to get the insurance. The reason is/was that the RTV wasn't listed as an option/vehicle for the carrier to pick. I think it's classified as an oversized ATV or something like that...

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="labaherd"]My ranch insurance covers mine.they look at it like a tractor.[/quote]
That no longer works in some states. We used to be able to do that but PA then enstated a requirement for all ATV/UTV's to get registered and insured. Since it's now a registered vehicle, the insurance companies can't cover it under your home or farm insurance.

FLHT

Progressive told me that it was an "unacceptable risk". I asked them to
look into it further and she told me it was more of a tractor than an
atv.

When she said unacceptable risk, I told her I might understand that if it was some sort of race machine.

Thanks for the advice.