MF 4245

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Can't help with that one but I can welcome you to the forum. Can you elaborate on the jerking? Does that tractor have a hydro or gear tranny?

farmmf4245

when u switch the 4WD on every turn or so that the prop shaft dose it makes the tractor jerk forwored my mate who is a contractor has a MF 399 and it dose the same but is only dose it if it is pulling

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So both the MF 399 and yours both do the jerking when they are pulling something. Does it do it in all gears? Sounds like you might be in to high of gear. That will cause jerking ...but I'm guessing you know that already. Interesting, but I can't think of any possible cause right off. Can you give us any more info on this issue?
And welcome to Net Tractor Talk. I'm glad you found us. :D

farmmf4245

it dose it in every gear the jerking is realy hard to explain more than i already have im sorry i will try and get a video of what it dose as soon as i am back on the field with the tractor

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
It sounds like maybe the universal joints have been reassembled out of phase with each other? That can cause considerable vibration, there is a thread or two or three on here discussing replacing u joints on an RTV that go into the issue. Hopefully it is something that simple.