Toothbars ?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on getting the toothbar. Markum is awesome to deal with. :thumb:

I think I would write UPS a big ole complaint. They can't just leave packages at the wrong house and take that type of attitude. Fed Ex will put them out of business if they keep that up.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Glad you found it. I have had the same problem with UPS. They like to throw stuff out at my mailbox instead of driving up to the house. Their excuse is that they don't want to back down the drive. Thing is I have a circular drive, entering on one road and exiting on another. :pat:

Now all you need are a few holes in the correct places!

Jim

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Fella,s , I,m looking forward to getting it on & using it Hopefully before spring . I,m very impressed at how well built & heavy duty it is .

Yep I here Ya Doc & Jim , My wifes been in charge of Customer service for one of the Largest Cruise lines in the world for the last several years & knows how to get things done .

I would have blew up at the first person that said its not their problem . She on the other hand just kept moving up the chain of command until They contacted the driver & found out where the hell he put it , But by that time I allready found it . :shitHitsFan: .

Thats the first time We ever had a problem with ups , But somehow I knew it was gonna get screwed up after seeing the Tracking statement . Luckily it worked out in the end & I got it before the snow hit . Theres no way They could have got in & out even where they did if it would have been a few hours later . :letitsnow: .

Thanks Erik , So far its not to bad here , at least we didn,t get the ice they got south of Us . Maybe 5 or 6 inches so far but the winds drifting it perty bad . Looks like I,ll get plenty of seat time before its over though . :cool: Bob

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
well cowboy it sounds like you like the tooth bar. I got a wild hair Friday, and picked up 6 teeth, 5 foot of 12X4inch bar stock and saterday I built one for my little loader.
Just finished painting it a few mins ago. will put it in the corner of the shead until snow season is over. {and this place drys out!} Then Ill be ready to do a little diging
Jerry

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
well cowboy it sounds like you like the tooth bar. I got a wild hair Friday, and picked up 6 teeth, 5 foot of 12X4inch bar stock and saterday I built one for my little loader.
Just finished painting it a few mins ago. will put it in the corner of the shead until snow season is over. {and this place drys out!} Then Ill be ready to do a little diging
Jerry

Sounds good Jerry , Dont forget to post some pics of the one You built . :tiphat:

I have Mine on but havent drilled the holes yet as its still snowing & I got sidetracked doing some much needed maintenence on the ole tractor .

I do have a question though fellers . The bolt holes are slotted . Do most of You drill the hole to the front or rear ? Only thing I can think the slots would be good for would be sliding the toothbar up enough to flip it in the bucket out of the way . Seems it would be just as easy to take it off if needed . :hide:

Heres a few pics . Gota excuse the mess & the filthy tractor I have all the sheet metal covers off of it to get to other things I need to tend to .

Thanks again in advance , :tiphat: . Bob

Well Now I cant post any pics :pat: ? You may not post attachments

Last edited:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I've heard you drill the holes in the front of the slot. That way you can loosen the bolts, slide forward and flip the toothbar up in the bucket. So that's what I did and works okay that way. I just know what you'd do with the bucket with the toothbar in there :wink:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Just for giggles and to see if I am able to still post pics. Here's a pick of when I installed mine. I used yellow duct tape when I marked the holes. It made it much easier to drill them out.

My installation thread is here.

Attachments

• 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 100

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the pic as well as the link OhioTC18 , I,ll check that out . Doc fixed My lil hickup ( Thanks Doc ) so heres a few pics . :tiphat: .

Attachments

• P2040001.JPG
    P2040001.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 101
  • P2040017.JPG
    P2040017.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 99

Redbug

Cowboy...Glad you got your toothbar. I have ordered attachments, and heavy objects online. Nothing to it! This is what I do...

Where I live is on a dirt road with a one lane wooden bridge. A freight truck would have a hard time delivering out here. I always have them drop ship whatever it is to the local truck terminal. When the attachment comes in, it is off loaded at the terminal, the terminal will call, (or you call, first), and then you take your pickup or trailer and they will load it on for you. I like it better since you don't have to have someone at home for a freight truck to show up at your door and unload or have to take off from work to go meet a truck. Dropping off at a terminal means you can go and pick it up at your leisure. And a drop ship to the terminal is cheaper than a residential delivery.

Look in your phone book for the local trucking terminals, (Yellow, Old Dominion, etc). Ask whoever you are ordering from who the trucking company is. If you have a terminal close by of a specific carrier, you can specify that you want them to handle whatever you are ordering. And I don't think they handle mail order brides...

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Cowboy...Glad you got your toothbar. I have ordered attachments, and heavy objects online. Nothing to it! This is what I do...

Where I live is on a dirt road with a one lane wooden bridge. A freight truck would have a hard time delivering out here. I always have them drop ship whatever it is to the local truck terminal. When the attachment comes in, it is off loaded at the terminal, the terminal will call, (or you call, first), and then you take your pickup or trailer and they will load it on for you. I like it better since you don't have to have someone at home for a freight truck to show up at your door and unload or have to take off from work to go meet a truck. Dropping off at a terminal means you can go and pick it up at your leisure. And a drop ship to the terminal is cheaper than a residential delivery.

Look in your phone book for the local trucking terminals, (Yellow, Old Dominion, etc). Ask whoever you are ordering from who the trucking company is. If you have a terminal close by of a specific carrier, you can specify that you want them to handle whatever you are ordering. And I don't think they handle mail order brides...

Thanks for the tip Redbug . I have done it that way in the past , but I no longer drive , as a matter a fact I just recentlly sold my last 4WD Pickup & trailer cuz I got tired of paying taxes & insurance on them for the last several years .

I do have a guy that will pick up anything for me though , so I might go that route on the next purchase , which will problly be a 6 foot Disk :D

Problly not a very good pic but heres the toothbar on my new tractor . It fit right on there & was allready drilled for it . :tiphat:

Attachments

• P8060012.JPG
    P8060012.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 71

universalgirl

Melissa is the one that suggested this site to me. She no longer works at Markham Welding/Gator Attachments. I don't know what I'd do without her. I've started selling attachments about 2 months ago and she has been my tutor/rock.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to NTT universal girl. :thumb: :tiphat:
Sorry to hear Melissa is not working at Markum's any longer. She will be missed there I'm sure. So, do you work at Markum's?

universalgirl

Welcome to NTT universal girl. :thumb: :tiphat:
Sorry to hear Melissa is not working at Markum's any longer. She will be missed there I'm sure. So, do you work at Markum's?
No, I don't work for them. My husband and I are Universal Attachments, LLC. Melissa told me that NTT and TBN (even though she was banned forever on TBN, lol) was the definite go to place for any info. I will ever need. She speaks highly of everyone and said if I ever had a question regarding any type of hook-up, weight, recommended attachment, etc., that someone here would have the answer. So far I am very impressed by the support/opinions I've read.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome. We try to help here without all of the BS and biased opinions you'll find on other places.