Rear main bearing cap cracked

Brando32

I have a 58 mf65. I have been doing and overhaul on the g176 Continental. I'm in the process of putting it back together and started to put the rope seals in the rear bearing cap. I got one done and while doing the second a piece broke off the journal ( if you will) that the rope goes in on the inner engine side. The top and bottom of it are still intact. Any ideas how to go about fixing? Replacing the cap? I just bought a new crank bearings seals ect. I'm ready to get this thing running again haha. Thanks in advance for any input. I'm new to repairing inner engine parts on something of this nature. Always been more into small engines. I thought about using a silicone or something? Maybe even trying a metal bonding agent to try and reform the the piece around a screw driver or something?

Brando32

Was able to get it repaired. A little jb weld to hold the pieces together. Then used hi temp silicone wen placing the cap back into the engine. Just a small skim coat. So far so good! I put new ropes in and all held together!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the update. Hope that holds for you. Good job. :tiphat: