Massey Fergusson Dynashift Gearbox

Amiyanji

I am looking to buy a Massey Fergusson 3645 Tractor with Dynashift gearbox to be uesd in Kenya and I have been informed that there are known issues with the Dynashift gearbox. Does anyone know of any issues or advice on this.

Thanks

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Amiyanji and welcome to our internet tractor forums. :thumb:

I do not know of the issue you speak but have to wonder why you have zero'd in on just that one tractor? There are many offerings in that HP range. If possible, I would suggest you go with a hydrostat transmission.

Amiyanji

Thanks DOC for your reply, well I am trying to purchase this tractor for a freind in Kenya and neither me nor him have any knowledge on tractors. It happens that my freind has bought a farm and his neighbouring farmer has a MF3645 so that is why we are looking for MF3645.

If you could advice on other similar models than please let me know, we are not looking for a newer tractor, anything between 1993 to 1997 and price range between £6000 to £8500.

Thanks

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
With the neighbor in Kenya having the tractor I understand why you are trying to dig up the data on that particular tractor. Makes perfect sense.

Found this quote with a little info. No mention of issues with the dynashift tranny.

"The 3645 is in the 3600 series which included the 3630, (Perkins 6354 engine) 130 hp 3650 (Perkins 6354 engine 150 hp), and 3680(Valmet 180hp engine) Those are the early models and the 3635,45,55,70 and 90 late models with Perkins 100.6 engines and larger Valmet engines all 3600 tractors had 7800Kgs lift on the arm and were a very strong tractor ahead of their time with electronics. The 3645 is 145 hp and uses the 100.6 Perkins 6000cc engine, it has the legendary Dynashift transmission, all 3600 series tractors came with the first Datatronic systems as standard which monitored forward speed, Pto speed, fuel used, wheelslip control, rpm etc"

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Here is another tidbit / opinion I found on the web. Makes the 3645 sounds like a GREAT machine. :thumb:

i would go for it and say the 3636,45,55s dyna were the best, still match any modern machine with bullet proof everything, not as handy and not so "jump on and drive" as the 3000s and 3100s, not such a good turning circle, but everything else is great, it will seriously handle anything, bigest problem being the front axle pivot pin wearing and wrecking a lot of things, also beware of PUH wear and wheel rims cracking, will out pull a lot of things cos the power is very direct to the wheels.