2011 RTV Muffler

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I think in the early years that the welding was not so great when it comes to the add on stuff.
1. The hydro tank brackets broke often and had to be repaired/welded.
2. Various parts of the exhaust system welds broke.
For me, on the exhaust, the weld from the exhaust manifold plate to the header pipe fractured and had to be rewelded............Actually, the original had a "hot" weld and it fractured the pipe.................
You don't have a local welding shop or machine shop to do the .50 cent repair????............God bless.....Dennis

TRIBUTE100

RTV 900 Muffler modification

Some time ago I cut the entire spark arrestor screen assembly of the muffler of my 2010 RTV 900 before I read the caveat about the tail pipe assembly breaking off.

I cut the outside of the tailpipe tp about 3 inches long so it made a straight connection to a flexible exhaust pipe and attached to an aftermarket spark arrestor/muffler assembly by SuperTrapp. It uses diffuser discs, does not clog easily, and gives good exhaust flow. A picture of my setup is below. The website for the spark arrestor is http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...ey=40a6799662c9a0262ac31979431741e3&libId...

I added a resonator to mine also, which is the 3-4 inch section.

Attachments

• KUBOTA MUFFLER.jpg
    KUBOTA MUFFLER.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 110

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I think the tailpipe could be welded on permanently now that you don't need to clean the adapted spark arrestor. Just remember to torque the bolts when you mount it to the engine. Good Luck! I think this will work fine. :) collie

muffler man

take it to the nearest muffler shop. thy should be able to fabricate a universal muffler and pipe for a lot less money.

bill

Heatwave

Done, and done. Local muffler shop welded the exhaust pipe to the muffler canister. The welder insisted on not charging anything for the job, but I successfully stuffed a $20 bill in his pocket. I think we're good to go here. Again, thanks for your responses. Messicks: eat your heart out.

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
With the exception of the noise, how do you think a straight pipe would do on these little engines? I know we have run a lot of straight pipes with no mufflers on bunch of mack dump trucks and road tractors with cummins engines. Heck maybe get a set of jake brakes for the rtv?

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The exhaust pipe coming off the exhaust manifold has broken at the weld a couple of times...........There is a noticeable increase in power.....NOT saying you can head out to the drags; but a little bit more oooommmmmph going up my hills.......God bless....Dennis