Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Seems they come and go in my timber. For the past 5 years I've had 5 swarms in trees that I've watched. Last Fall they all disappeared. This Spring I've only found one and they are in a new tree.

I've seeded 37 acres into the USDA Pollinator program. Will add 23 more acres this Fall. Will take a couple years for the pollinating plants to get established.

Thats Awesome Richard! 60 acres of wild flowers!? You need to rent that out to a bee keeper! There are mostly row crops here but I have found some good pockets to place bees, been on the hunt for a new location today.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Collie that is awesome! Very creative, allows for ventilation I like it! Looks like you have a beautiful place there stands to reason she would want to get married there. Also love the ladder in bucket combo! Yesterday I had one on the roof of my combine trying to get a swarm out of a tree...
Save the bees!

It's not really mine - but I live and work here on my sis 's and bils plantation . Those trees are over 150 years old, like the old house. Like Two Guns told me once.. I " better never leave", but I sure do feel a special place in my heart, to the little home place in Ark. Just got back from a 30 hr trip there today. I look at the upkeep there like eating an elephant... one bite "or nail "at a time. collie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So, I was down in Houston for a week.

Was at the airport (IAH-Bush International) yesterday for my flight home and looked out the window at the flight line.

There was a RTV being used for pulling the luggage carts. Haven't seen that before.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome use for an RTV. I wonder if other airports will follow Houston's lead? That little 3 cyl diesel engine has plenty of towing power for that task.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It wasn't a cabbed model but had a roof and windshield.

Having worked on a flight line for years, I know how extreme the weather can get. An 11xx series RTV would be awesome for those guys working so they have heat and A/C.

Now, I want to see a RTV connected to the front of a 747 and see if it can back it away from the gate. ;)

Not related to RTV's but when our jet was heading out to the runway, we had to sit in a taxiway for a bit. Looked out the window and saw an Airbus A380 coming down the runway. Damn, that thing is big (largest passenger jet in the world).

7147134789_74c0830de7_b.jpg

herman48

But ill say one thing id love to get about 10 yards of it here.The people actually want to sell you shit.Its no longer a give away thing.
Heck, I have to pay a guy to have my horse's tons of poop shoveled and moved out of the stall and paddock every now and then. You can come down here, Mark, with a big trailer and I'll give it to you for free--as long as you shovel and load it...

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Speaking of Mark, Has anyone heard from him? I sent a pm a few weeks ago but got no response. I am concerned for our old friend. collie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Here's a picture of the Blackwater Evolution tires for a member that asked about 'em- and also some of the new puppies . It was a wet boggy boggy week or 3.. but got some cows gathered up and moved. wet wet wet. Very unusual for June. Sort of hard to hold onto puppies and cut off bovine in sloppy, standing water pastures.. collie

Attachments

• KIMG0129.jpg
    KIMG0129.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 85
  • KIMG0130.jpg
    KIMG0130.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 84
  • KIMG0131.jpg
    KIMG0131.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 90

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Those poopies don't quit eating NOR growing......Its great how they stay for a bit rather than jumping out and chasing calves. Good training going on. God given patience for sure................I really do like the way you store your duct tape there on the seat....Ready to use to stop blood flow or hold together bunged up parts.........God bless ............I KNOW HE DOES for YOU

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Speaking of Mark, Has anyone heard from him? I sent a pm a few weeks ago but got no response. I am concerned for our old friend. collie
Sorry for slow response BCollie ....I was out of town all this week having fun at the beach. I have not heard from Mark either. If anyone else has an update please post it here ...hopefully it will be Mark.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
haa haa, They are supposed to be border collies but not registered . One , my bil teases looks like a coon dog.. They are supposed to be mostly bc's and sisters to each other..They both love the RTV. Now if you want to know something chilling... A couple of weks ago Dixie (the b&w) climbed behind my back . (If I lean all the way back, my feet dont quite reach far enough) . She slipped off ! As I felt her fall, I grabbed her by what I could catch as I was stopping ,but her little head was about to be hit by the wheel.. I said a super fast prayer as -to my horror, she slipped from my hand and came within an inch of being run over by the back wheel.. I gave thanks all day and still do often as I look into those sweet little eyes that smile back at me. Another miracle as Dennis knows, in the life of bordercollie.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It's those ANGELS, Judy!.........Just watch for them and you see them all day long.......The critter ones are most obvious around us on the farms. Some folks with cats call them 9 lives. I especially see it when the UPS driver comes roaring down the 900 yard gravel hill on his way to the house. The 3 yard dogs in THEIR road protecting the place from this guy in his brown monster.
Yes, UPS guys have a special hate for dogs; but why mine? They don't even growl at him and just bark to say hello; but the driver's fear of ALL DOGS is obvious as he brakes hard, spraying them with gravel, agitating them even more. A certain sense of pride in my animals takes over as I watch this little drama. Yet, this guy is trying, in his own self-defense, to "protect" himself from the little furry monsters with teeth, as they scatter and scurry from under those wheels. THOSE ANGELS PROTECTING THEM once again.

On and ON, one sees this throughout the day. It's a blessing to see these little dramas as I watch the trees grow. What do those folks in the suburbs and cities do as they dodge traffic in their so busy lives???...........God bless....Dennis

ovrszd

Thats Awesome Richard! 60 acres of wild flowers!? You need to rent that out to a bee keeper! There are mostly row crops here but I have found some good pockets to place bees, been on the hunt for a new location today.

I've been checking out the Pollinator field. Lookin good. This was drilled a year ago last April. Terry is a "flower child" and she's excited!!!! If I can keep her from picking them all and taking them home maybe we'll have a success!!!!

Noticed a lot of small nesting birds along with several butterfly and bee species this afternoon.

Attachments

• 20170531_170958 (1280x720).jpg
    20170531_170958 (1280x720).jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 20170601_164626 (1280x720).jpg
    20170601_164626 (1280x720).jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 20170605_151748 (1280x720).jpg
    20170605_151748 (1280x720).jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 20170605_152051 (1280x720).jpg
    20170605_152051 (1280x720).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 62

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I've been checking out the Pollinator field. Lookin good. This was drilled a year ago last April. Terry is a "flower child" and she's excited!!!! If I can keep her from picking them all and taking them home maybe we'll have a success!!!!

Noticed a lot of small nesting birds along with several butterfly and bee species this afternoon.

That's cool Richard, if I ever hit the lottery I will turn our farm over to CRP. Wildlife is everywhere and it would be nice to give them a spot to relax.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
It's those ANGELS, Judy!.........Just watch for them and you see them all day long.......The critter ones are most obvious around us on the farms. Some folks with cats call them 9 lives. I especially see it when the UPS driver comes roaring down the 900 yard gravel hill on his way to the house. The 3 yard dogs in THEIR road protecting the place from this guy in his brown monster.
Yes, UPS guys have a special hate for dogs; but why mine? They don't even growl at him and just bark to say hello; but the driver's fear of ALL DOGS is obvious as he brakes hard, spraying them with gravel, agitating them even more. A certain sense of pride in my animals takes over as I watch this little drama. Yet, this guy is trying, in his own self-defense, to "protect" himself from the little furry monsters with teeth, as they scatter and scurry from under those wheels. THOSE ANGELS PROTECTING THEM once again.

On and ON, one sees this throughout the day. It's a blessing to see these little dramas as I watch the trees grow. What do those folks in the suburbs and cities do as they dodge traffic in their so busy lives???...........God bless....Dennis

You should tell your ups driver to slow down and let him know your dogs are friendly and loved so be considerate!

ovrszd

My UPS guy gives my dog a treat.

As to the city folks. I thank God for them as well. If they didn't live there they would live here.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.