Score! Snow Blower

PBinWA

I just scored a two year old 60" Kubota Snow Blower that is in mint condition. The skid shoes still have paint on them.

I got it for $1000 and the best part was that the guy only lived about a mile from me. I drove my tractor over to pick it up!

Every once in a while that Craigslist obsession pays off! :mrgreen:

Dougster

Old Member
Every once in a while that Craigslist obsession pays off! :mrgreen:
Amen Brother PB! Lord knows you've got to be careful to avoid all the Nigerian Internet Cafe scam artists et al... but nothing better than finding a genuine local bargain! See it in person and pay (or get paid) with cash! :) Sounds like you made out like a bandit on this one!!! :thumb:

Dougster

p.s., I just sold something for the GF on Craigslist this weekend. Local money talks and BS walks. Show me the money! :D -d

PBinWA

You get much snow ?

Not enough to justify buying a new snowblower but enough that having one stashed under a tree will make my life a little easier on some really cold and crappy days.

I live on a steep hill with a one mile private road that the county won't plow. Being able to plow the road out can make things a lot easier when the snow really dumps. The first year we moved in (commonly referred to as B.T. - "Before Tractor") we were trapped in our house for a week because the snow and ice was so bad.

I have the typical dysfunctional neighborhood association so no one else helps. They all just sit in their houses peaking out and waiting for someone else to get the road plowed which is usually me or one other neighbor with a skidsteer.

Dougster

Old Member
Not enough to justify buying a new snowblower but enough that having one stashed under a tree will make my life a little easier on some really cold and crappy days.

I live on a steep hill with a one mile private road that the county won't plow. Being able to plow the road out can make things a lot easier when the snow really dumps. The first year we moved in (commonly referred to as B.T. - "Before Tractor") we were trapped in our house for a week because the snow and ice was so bad.

I have the typical dysfunctional neighborhood association so no one else helps. They all just sit in their houses peaking out and waiting for someone else to get the road plowed which is usually me or one other neighbor with a skidsteer.
Now given that you live on a one mile long private road... and given that you bought the snowblower from a guy who lives one mile away... it appears to this admittedly half-senile old observer that the baton and burden of snow management in your neighborhood just passed from the selling party over to you! :) Plus he now has an extra grand in his pocket that used to be yours! ;)

Are you really sure this was such a good deal? :D

Dougster

PBinWA

Now given that you live on a one mile long private road... and given that you bought the snowblower from a guy who lives one mile away... it appears to this admittedly half-senile old observer that the baton and burden of snow management in your neighborhood just passed from the selling party over to you! :) Plus he now has an extra grand in his pocket that used to be yours! ;)

Are you really sure this was such a good deal? :D

Dougster

This guy lived on the county road and had a short driveway. I think he bought the snow blower as part of a big package purchase when he got his tractor. I was shocked at how close he was.

He had a nice new looking wood chipper too. I would have made him an offer on that too but I'm a burner - not a chipper. :mrgreen:

The burden I have to deal with is called my wife. She gets down right mean if she is stuck in the house. It is in my best interests to make sure she can get in and out as easily as possible.

Dougster

Old Member
This guy lived on the county road and had a short driveway. I think he bought the snow blower as part of a big package purchase when he got his tractor. I was shocked at how close he was.

He had a nice new looking wood chipper too. I would have made him an offer on that too but I'm a burner - not a chipper. :mrgreen:

The burden I have to deal with is called my wife. She gets down right mean if she is stuck in the house. It is in my best interests to make sure she can get in and out as easily as possible.
I am just kidding you, of course... plus I am downright jealous! ;) I suppose I'd need a six-footer to cover my rear rack adequately, but that one you got sounds like an amazing deal there! :thumb:

Dougster

PBinWA

Here's some pics. Check out how new this thing is - it was stored under an enclosed carport. It is a little dusty but otherwise I don't think he ever used it!

These beats my $800 Flail mower and $200 Cultipacker in "dealedness" anyday! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Image00004.jpg
    Image00004.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 32

Dougster

Old Member
Here's some pics. Check out how new this thing is - it was stored under an enclosed carport. It is a little dusty but otherwise I don't think he ever used it!

These beats my $800 Flail mower and $200 Cultipacker in "dealedness" anyday! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Unbelievable!!! :applause: :beer: :Tip-Hat2:

Ya hear about deals like that... but somehow they never happen for me! :rolleyes:

Dougster

PBinWA

Unbelievable!!! :applause: :beer: :Tip-Hat2:

Ya hear about deals like that... but somehow they never happen for me! :rolleyes:

Dougster

Doug - if you spent half - maybe even a quarter of the time on Craigslist that you do on Tractor Boards then you would find them too. :whistle:

I scan the Farm & Garden section at least twice a day and occasionally do keyword searches across the whole site. It also helps to have the cash set aside for these things so you don't hesitate.

Dougster

Old Member
Doug - if you spent half - maybe even a quarter of the time on Craigslist that you do on Tractor Boards then you would find them too. :whistle:

I scan the Farm & Garden section at least twice a day and occasionally do keyword searches across the whole site. It also helps to have the cash set aside for these things so you don't hesitate.
Ouch!!! :shock: That one stung bad! :boxing:

The truth be known, I am set-up with RSS feeds for both Craigslist and eBay so that anything posted that falls into my various WANT LIST categories and/or specifications is delivered to me immediately. :thumb:

Don't confuse bad luck and shallow pockets with lack of information!!! :)

For everything else, mainly Nigerian frauds & scams, Ed sends me e-mails! ;)

Dougster

Ductape

SCORE BOBBY ORR !!!!!! Nice lookin blower. I have to say i've had some great Craigslist scores myself. Picked up my new (used once) Woods BH6000 hoe. Just bought a wallenstein BX62 chipper...... scored a nice Kubota B2400 with 178hrs, etc ! I LOVE Craigslist !!!!!!!

Congrats !!!

I think if i could stop hording all the Craigslist scores for myself, theres a buck to be made in re-selling some of the deals !!

PBinWA

SCORE BOBBY ORR !!!!!! Nice lookin blower. I have to say i've had some great Craigslist scores myself. Picked up my new (used once) Woods BH6000 hoe. Just bought a wallenstein BX62 chipper...... scored a nice Kubota B2400 with 178hrs, etc ! I LOVE Craigslist !!!!!!!

Congrats !!!

I think if i could stop hording all the Craigslist scores for myself, theres a buck to be made in re-selling some of the deals !!

Dude - I'm not worthy! I keep watching for a Back Hoe but haven't seen one worth the bucks yet.

I think I'm going to wait and just buy an older Case 580 at some point. At least that's what I tell myself. :thumb:

shinnlinger

Pb,

Get an excavator ....

now how much snow do you need to blow? Are you in the cascades? I am thinking rig a PTO powered hydrualic drive unit for the 3pt and then put the blower in your bucket with a hydro motor spinning it so you can see what your doing up front. You could use the hydro unit for tons of other stuff to boot.

Of course if you only get 5 inches a year then I can see why the neighbor sold it

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What a deal PB. Congrats. How much do those go for new? Your's sure looks NEW!!! :tiphat: :beer:

RSS feeds for this stuff. Do you all do that? How do you do it? Does RSS stuff go into your email or how do you read it?