A new mahindra for me????

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Just got back from viewing and pricing the 3316 and 3535. The 3316 was in the neighborhood with incentives- of just less than 18 cash. The 3535 was shy of 21cash. I did see a Kioti ck 35 with special loader deal for less than 16. I will switch over to the Kioti forum now to keep info sorted for other viewers. I like the price of the Kioti . What do ya'll think? Thanks! Bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm coming in late and honestly haven't read the previous posts of this thread (but I need to get the kids to bed).
My neighbor picked up the Kioti DK35 for about $1K more than the CK35. If that's still viable, I'd look into that deal real closely...

Erik

bczoom - if your neighbor got a DK35 under $20k he did good.
bordercollie - $16k for the CK35 w/loader is a hella price if it's new, and not bad if lightly used, depending on financing options.
As stated earlier in this thread, I went with the larger frame size for the weight & loader capacity. (3510, which has been replaced by the 3535, which is comparable to the DK35)
Any of the 4 machines will be quality units - what's the service reputaiton for your local Kioti dealer?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the replies! The Kioti ck 35 is brand new -never off the lot.the price included farm tax of 1 1/2% too. The loader is free at this time. I would like the added weight of the DK35 and comparing it to the Mahindra 3535 which I like. Did I say that the dealer said the 3535 engine was Indian? That is a negative (for me anyway) compared to the S Korean Kioti.. but will have to check out the DK35 price. Unless it can be had at a similiar markup, I am leaning to the Kioti ck35. My salesman is out of pocket till later. Thanks!!!! Bordercollie

The Indian built machines from Mahindra are very good machines, especially the newer models. I consider these machines to be of better quality than the Mitsubishi built Mahindras, and they are quite good. The Koreans don't have much if anything over the Indian built machines in my opinion.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks MtnViewRanch, You are right. The newer slick design is attractive too.Decisions ,decisions .The 3535 is appealing in performance too it seems. I doubt I can quite swing it though. No amount of number crunching helps as in the old saying about the turnip . :>). The Kioti is closer to my" rope's end" for all advice.Thanks, Bordercollie

Erik

and that's exactly how I ended up with a Mahindra - the Kioti dealer next door to them wanted $4k more for the DK35 than I gave for my 3510.
Both are good machines - you have a budget and at this point Kioti fits it.
good luck and don't forget to post pictures of it and your bigger machines in the tractor pics thread!

Bindian

Bordercollie,:tiphat:
Have you compared green warranty to Mahindra's warranty? Mahindra just uped their's. Not much more I can add that Brian and the others haven't already mentioned.

Oh yeah......I do love my 6520 4 WD.:cool:
hugs, Brandi

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the reply Bindian, I went with a Kioti DK40 in the mid $19's delivered .It has a 4 yr warranty on the power train and a 2 yr bumper to bumper. I like the added features like the 401 quick detach loader. Also a Lot of features like push button 4wd and auto or manual button controlled pto. and included draw bar, and other features like a screen for the radiator, horn (nice with cows). and low noise for 40 hp. I love the clean slick joy stick for the bucket although it is so much like the cat skid steer that I catch myself trying to use it like that. On the green machine - everything was extra- the remotes. even the draw bar. I was quoted 17900 for a 3032e (no remotes) with the lightweight 305 loader so I went orange- Kioti orange and the hd 401 loader- soo many features and the added weight just grabbed me It feels really solid.The most similar Mahindra with ag tires was out of my price range. Thanks Bordercollie