Memorial Day

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Remembering the many soldiers - our own freedom fighters and brave heroes- who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can say "God Bless America" and enjoy the freedoms we still have here in America. How scary it must have been in a foreign land, scrunched down in a fox hole, a ship surrounded by water or a plane with the enemy shells all around. God bless them every one.
Every one be safe out there. :harley: bordercollie

shinnery

I did four years in the Navy but it was really peacetime '59-'63 and I don't consider myself much of a "Veteran". But as part of Operation Dominic I did get to see 8 or 10 fireballs of our last above ground atomic testing in 1962. There were a lot more braver men than I.
Bryce

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter

Attachments

• 102F6044-1D18-4496-A1D6-99A5AC94FADB.jpeg
    102F6044-1D18-4496-A1D6-99A5AC94FADB.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 66

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
To our fallen Heroes! they paid with their lives so that we can continue to have the freedoms we enjoy. it is difficult for me to take this lightly. and also the Heroes who suffered and continue to suffer but returned alive. they signed a blank check payable with their lives for us. God Bless America

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Salute to all the veterans who gave all. Thanks to the veterans and their families.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
My Uncle Charles was lost in Korea, August 5, 1950. He was pulled from Tokyo where he served as an Army MP helping to provide security during the rebuilding of Japan.

His unit was ordered to establish a hasty defense against the invading communist armies from the north and were woefully unprepared for war. He and most of his company were wiped out and there were many MIAs.

To this day, his remains have not been identified. However, with the help of the Korean War Project website, many vets and civilians are coming together to force the U.S. government into action.

Under President Trump, a new directive has ordered the Casualty & Mortuary Affairs Branch of the U.S. Army Human Resources Command to take requests directly from the MIA families to examine specific sets of remains for a DNA match.

Several unidentified sets of remains in the Punchbowl Cemetery on Oahu have approximate physical characteristics to my Uncle. We initiated requests to have some of these remains disinterred and tested against the DNA samples our family has provided.

Maybe we will not find him in the first set or even the second or the third. But thank God someone is doing something, anything, to bring our Uncle and other brave men and women home where they belong. They did their duty and thanks to President Trump, we are finally making headway.

God bless the people performing this difficult work and we pray that each test will produce a family match - if not for us, at least for someone else.

See you soon Uncle Charles...you have not been forgotten and we're still looking.

https://www.koreanwar.org/