Quick Backhoe movement

dennis

I have just bought my first tractor, a 2007 Mahindra 2615 with a front loader and backhoe. Even at low rpm, it seems that I have to be extremely gentle with the backhoe controls to prevent sudden fast movement of the boom. Can I have an orifice installed or take other measures to slow the movement? Will I just have to practice with the hoe in order to learn smooth operation?
Thanks,
Dennis

shvl73

What rpm are you operating at? I find the swing to be touchy on mine, some have a valve that adjusts swing speed. Unless something is truly wrong on yours, you'll get better with more use.

urednecku

I don't know anything about a backhoe, but I suspect like shvl73 said, experience will probably help.
Having said that, when I got the grapple for my kubota, they put a "limiter" in the line. It's basically a solid fitting between the hose and another fitting with a small hole in it. Without it, the grapple would have slammed down or open so hard something would blow in a short time. ("The Claw" has an electric thumb-switch, so there is no feathering the valve. It's open, or shut.)

Attachments

• P_00365.jpg
    P_00365.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 68
  • P_00360.jpg
    P_00360.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 65

LETHAL GTS

dennis,
You can install a flow restrictor like urednecku had installed on his grapple. Or you could go the better and more expensive route and have a flow control (valve) installed like shvl73 pointed out. The valve would allow you to fine tune your hoe to the speed you like without having to change flow resrictors or drill out flow restrictors in hopes that you hit it right.

urednecku,
If your grapple was installed correctly, you should be able to feather your grapple. All the switch does is divert the flow from your bucket function to your grapple function electronically. Your valve attached to your joystick still controls the oil flow for either your bucket or grapple (typically the grapple and the bucket functions are tied together in this type of application).

BTW nice root rake grapple setup. It doesn't get much better than that!

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Are you sure the hoe doesn't have a swing speed control valve somewhere?

Bindian

I have just bought my first tractor, a 2007 Mahindra 2615 with a front loader and backhoe. Even at low rpm, it seems that I have to be extremely gentle with the backhoe controls to prevent sudden fast movement of the boom. Can I have an orifice installed or take other measures to slow the movement? Will I just have to practice with the hoe in order to learn smooth operation?
Thanks,
Dennis
Dennis,
What model BH do you have on your 2615? My Bradco 511 BH has a swing speed valve down between my legs I can adjust to increase or decrease swing speed, but not boom up and down speed. Are all control inputs fast? Definitely practice is needed to learn smooth movements.
hugs, Brandi