purchase new tractor mahindra

scooby1

I am thinking about purchasing a mahindra tractor 6530 with loader. How are the tractors holding up, is it easy to get parts for them. Thank You: D

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I do not own one but everything I've heard about them is good. Highly recommended. The dealer you buy from can make all the difference with parts. I would suggest you shop around and pay attention to the shop and parts stock of the dealers you shop. Ask them about parts availability and compare the answers.
If you are already decided on Mahindra just shop them, but if you are still open I would shop every dealer with any tractor of the HP / size you are interested in. Sit in as many seats as possible. Ergonomics make a big difference when you spend hours in the seat.
Good luck and keep us posted on what you end up buying.

Erik

just wait - Bindian will weigh in about her Big Red Beast - and you'll learn all you want to know about the larger frame size Mahindras. :)

Melensdad

Gold Site Supporter
I am thinking about purchasing a mahindra tractor 6530 with loader. How are the tractors holding up, is it easy to get parts for them. Thank You: D

I've never heard anything bad about Mahindra, I did look at them at our local dealer. They seem solid. Their reputation is good. Some of them are made in India, some in Korea. The company is Indian and one of the largest tractor companies in the world. Some of their dealers are pretty fly-by-night, and that would be the ONLY caution flag for me. I like having a strong local dealer, my local dealer is no longer selling them and the tractors are no longer available in my area. Other areas have strong dealers so if you are in one of those areas you shouldn't have any real issues.

One thing that I ALWAYS point out to Mahindra buyers is to make sure you are comparing the correct specifications on the 3pt and the front end loader when you compare brands.

SOME brands measure lift capacity of the 3pt at the ball eyes. SOME measure lift capacity at 24" behind the ball eyes. Capacity at 24" behind the ball eyes is typically 15-20% below the ball eye capacity but if you think about it, most of the load of a box blade is at least 2' behind the ball eyes, a rotary cutter or finish mower would be closer to 4 to 6 feet behind the ball eyes. So if you are comparing lift specs, make sure you do an "apples to apples" comparison if you want to compare capacity.

The same is true for Front End Loader lift capacity. If measured at the pivot point the capacity will appear to be about 20% higher than if measured at 500mm (19.2") in front of the pivot point. Again, a bucket of dirt, rock, etc will have the weight centered almost 2' in front of the pivot point. This can be critical if you use front pallet forks or a hay bale spear and need a specific capacity, make sure you use the the 500mm capacity number.

I don't know what Mahindra is showing for capacity right now, I know they used to show "ball eye" and "pivot pin" capacity numbers. This is not a right or wrong thing, it is just something to be very aware of if you need a specific capacity.

bundyboy

I bought a Mahindra 3325 earlier this year, & have had nothing but problems with it. To complicate things, Mahindra changed dealers. Now I am trying to get this new dealership caught up to date on all the problems I have had with the tractor, & I have tried to contact Mahindra to get some help from them, but with no avail.

It has been very frustrating, to put it lightly.d

Erik

welcome to NTT - where are you and what kind of help are you getting from the new dealership?

I bought a Mahindra 3325 earlier this year, & have had nothing but problems with it. To complicate things, Mahindra changed dealers. Now I am trying to get this new dealership caught up to date on all the problems I have had with the tractor, & I have tried to contact Mahindra to get some help from them, but with no avail.

It has been very frustrating, to put it lightly.d

This is not intended to defend Mahindra, but Mahindra has tractors from India(Mahindra), Japan(Mitsubishi), some from Korea(TYM) & (discontinued) and China.(Mahindra) The India and Japanese units seem to have the fewest problems so far.

Sorry to hear about your problems, hope that you are able to get things corrected.

bundyboy

welcome to NTT - where are you and what kind of help are you getting from the new dealership?

I am in the Tulsa, Ok area. The new dealership has found out that the tractor had the dash changed out on it, therefore it has quite a few more hours on it than I was lead to believe. I don't have the paper work in front of me & I can't remember the exact number of hours. I was told that the tractor had around 4 hours on it when I bought it...it was a brand new tractor. With the hours that I have put on it, I show 52 hours on it. They are saying it has in the neighborhood of 180 hours on it. I also started noticing that the foam around the hood is very old, & is all cracked up. You touch it, & it falls to pieces. It's not like new foam should be, (soft & squishy). There have been several things go wrong with it, that should not be going wrong this early in the game. The three point bracket broke. I have had a hydraulic leak, (which the old dealer didn't want to fix, saying "they all leak a little bit) It was leaving pretty good stains on my barn floor! Also the horn quit, blinkers & work light quit. Odometer quit. Hourmeter quit. Safety neutral switch quit, & you couldn't start it on the key. All this in less than a year. NOT what I expected out of a "BRAND NEW TRACTOR!" I could go on, but I won't. You should have the picture by now...

Melensdad

Gold Site Supporter
Wow, that is a shame.

When I purchased a new tractor this summer I was looking at several brands and decided on a Bobcat tractor. Bobcat tractors are essentially Kioti tractors painted white with a few minor changes. We have a Kioti dealer but I would not buy from him. I simply don't trust him as a tractor dealer. I'm not saying he is a bad dealer but he doesn't seem to have what I want in terms of a 'real' dealership that I can count on to stand behind the brand. So I bought a nearly identical tractor from a dealer a bit farther away because I trusted the dealer to be able to back up the sale with a large parts department, a large service department and a name in the area that has become known as trustworthy.

To me the dealer can make or break the tractor brand. Its a shame you got snookered like you did, hopefully things will get sorted out for you.

Erik

I am in the Tulsa, Ok area. The new dealership has found out that the tractor had the dash changed out on it, therefore it has quite a few more hours on it than I was lead to believe. I don't have the paper work in front of me & I can't remember the exact number of hours. I was told that the tractor had around 4 hours on it when I bought it...it was a brand new tractor. With the hours that I have put on it, I show 52 hours on it. They are saying it has in the neighborhood of 180 hours on it. I also started noticing that the foam around the hood is very old, & is all cracked up. You touch it, & it falls to pieces. It's not like new foam should be, (soft & squishy). There have been several things go wrong with it, that should not be going wrong this early in the game. The three point bracket broke. I have had a hydraulic leak, (which the old dealer didn't want to fix, saying "they all leak a little bit) It was leaving pretty good stains on my barn floor! Also the horn quit, blinkers & work light quit. Odometer quit. Hourmeter quit. Safety neutral switch quit, & you couldn't start it on the key. All this in less than a year. NOT what I expected out of a "BRAND NEW TRACTOR!" I could go on, but I won't. You should have the picture by now...
sounds like you were sold either a used tractor or a "hard use" demo machine.
There may be a reason why the old dealer is no longer a dealer for them.
Find your sale paperwork, check and see that the hours are listed in the single digits and see what year model it's supposed to be - you may be able to negotiate a trade based on false information at time of sale.
When I got my 3510, my dealer told me it was a demo, did the 50 hour service, knocked a chunk off the price, and offered to deliver it free. I've had no problems in 2 years.

Bindian

[QUOTE=Erik;85779]just wait - Bindian will weigh in about her Big Red Beast - and you'll learn all you want to know about the larger frame size Mahindras. :)[/QUOTE]

So sorry for weighing in here so late.:whistling::fishing: The Big RED Beast is a 6520 4WD with Ag tires with a 511 backhoe.:a1: I would buy one again.:clap::thewave::applause::blob_blue::soapbox: I do know of a guy, up in Maine, that has a 5530. He uses it in the summer to bale a lot of hay and in the winter to move a lot of snow. He calls it The TANK. Only problem he has had was fuel jelling (it is in Maine remember) and tire cracking problems, which was warranty.
Only problem I have had is a cracked pulley (bad part which was warranty) and a cracked steering line, which can be welded again, but I bought a replacement part.
I am a firm believer of strong dealer support. I have a local dealer of years that has good service and I know all the staff. I have bought all my expensive toys from them. :dancing:Which include a Shitl chain saw and a Hustler Fastrac zero turn mower.
Like Doc :respect:said, sit on numerous tractors and see which "fit". Also drive them and play with them all you can before purchase. Different tractors fit different folks in different ways, so check them out. Get the skid steer quick attach option for the loader and at least two remotes.:17875: A neat aluminum canopy tops it all off.;)

hugs, Brandi

Last edited:

bundyboy

Mahindra has offered me $500 toward a new tractor....pretty much an insult. I am talking to my attorney to find out what my options are.