Power Point for TYM HST233

fizbiz

New England Winters are cold, so I'd like to use a battery minder on my tractor so it will start easily. The minder plugs into a cigatette lighter outlet (now known as a power point.) Does anyone know how I can install one?

PS (I am using the factory oil pan heater, but it doesn't help the battery when it is cold.)

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi and welcome aboard

Hi Fizbiz, So are you wanting to install a power point on the tractor? I installed one on the Kioti I bought in March . I found a really nice power point at O'Reillys auto parts. It is weather proof and has a spring loaded weather cap. I also have one I put on the RTV as a replacement. I think it was about $12. Well made too. I just ran some wire ,with a fuse in the line, directly from the battery. It will come with some attached wire to go to the positive and a piece of black to ground it with (to a metal surface like behind a bolt etc or even to the battery) I added one of those in line fuses to the positive wire- in case I ever get a short so things will be protected . I will go take a picture of it after I fix supper and post it. Bordercollie

Last edited:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
This is a picture of the 12v power point I put on the RTV. I had to make the mounting hole a hair bigger but other than that it was a breeze to install. I had to find a place on the tractor so you may need to look around and see what areas you have available.I think they may have an optional bracket for mounting it but I'm not sure. The power point would also come in handy for other times of year like extra lights or for a small sprayer. I use my power point on the tractor to run an air pump for my foam marker. I have also heard of those minders that are direct wired to the battery and left under the hood with a small ac plug much like a block heater's wiring plug . Bordercollie

Attachments

• DSCF2861.JPG
    DSCF2861.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 52