Having electrical problems

is this a good unit

• is there any diagrams for this?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • could it be the ignition switch?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Robert E.

I have an Allis chalmers 616 hydro riding mower,I believe it must be 1972-or1973 .I am having a problem with trying to start this tractor,everytime I hit the key to start it blows the breaker.I know I have a good starter,I have checked the wiring it is all intact,also cleaned all the grounds and connections.If I jump the solenoid the starter turns ok.I have no Info at all on this tractor,has anyone had experience with this? If so I am open for suggestions. Thanks Robert

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It sounds like some where there is a wire touching metal , or 2 wires touching each other. I have seen old wiring cracked and shorting out before where the insulated covering had flaked off or where a mouse had been.Check again around your connections and any bends- sort of gently wiggle on clumps of the wires so there location is slightly different. Our old JD 4020 had a slight nick in the wiring that caused us a lot of grief till we found it Good Luck. bordercollie

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
try swaping out the ingition switch.i had this problem with a riding mower one time and it was a short in the key ignition switch.i quick run to autozone will take care of this problem.